alright ive been playing for about a year and a half anf im looking to get rid of my old guitar and get a new one. Im interested in Fender Telecasters im just wondering how they play and if they are a good investment for me. I have about $2000 for a new guitar.
What's your old guitar?
What amp do you use?
What music do you play?
and what pedals do you use?
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
you gotta tell use what kinda music you play or we cant help you.
J. MASCIS IS GOD!

Quote by Arthur Curry
Take E. You'll be a dancing fool in no time.

EDIT: Seriously.
IMO Telecasters are the best playing guitar ever. I've played Les Pauls, SGs, Stratocasters, and a few different PRS models. The tele beats them all hands down in playability. I also think that they have the best clean sound you can get.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Amazing guitars, but if you're spending that much, find out what they're like by playing a load of them.

And what wmzbomgzors asked.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Ive been playing a custom built Fender Tele for the better share of a decade now. I upgraded the electronics and pickups.......i have a little '59 seymour duncan humbucker on the bridge and i don't exactly recall what i have on the neck (its a seymour duncan that is matched to the little 59 though). This guitar rocks.........i play alot of old rock and roll, modern rock and roll, classic and some newer country.....I can get every tone out of this baby that i need. everything from sizzleing solo to glassy bell like clean tones and everything in between...........YOU CANNOT go wrong with a tele......but i may be a bit biased towards fender though as well......just one players opinion
k i play a bit of everything but i like the styles of Sam roberts and Matt Mays. Im dstarting to get into blues solos and writing my own stuff. My old guitar is a Peavey Raptor and i play it on a Peavey Bandit 112. I also have a dunlop wah
whoooa dude get a new amp instead or break it up.

you really need a new amp. spend at least half of it on that
I suggest getting a decent tube amp (probably around a thousand bucks), and using the rest for a tele. It will fit your style fine.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Yea, definately get a better amp too.
Go half and half, get some kind of Fender valve amp, and then a used USA Tele or Japanese Tele.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
this is a fender hmt(heavy metal telecaster). get one. they rock out loud.NOW!!!!

they are semi-hollow and have kahler bridges
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by shredmeiser101
this is a fender hmt(heavy metal telecaster). get one. they rock out loud.NOW!!!!

they are semi-hollow and have kahler bridges

*masturbates furiously*

the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Get a good amp then the Tele, preferably an American-Made if you have enough money. If you have some extra cash left save it up, spend it on effects, or spend it on accessories.
Sent from my iPad.