Ive been using ernie ball strings for awhile now. I use the regular green ones. I play alot punk, rock, alt............ but i use my les paul for my classic rock, solos stuff. I got a tom delonge strat for playing my punk stuff. im thinkin bout putin skinny top heavy bottum strings on it. are these good for punk? Oh ya i play no Metal!
um, they're strings? it's all about the feel you get from them. not like strings are genre specific.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
skinny top heavy bottom are easy to finger and yet give the same tone of thicker strings
tom delonge also used them, so that should keep you happy too
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
i know. its just the reviews i read everyone said great for metal wich i dont play. and im just curious if anyone plays um to let me know if theyd be good for punk
A stick and rock are great for punk...
Agile Al-3000 prestige, Carvin V3 half stack, Fender 75, Line 6 spider 112, roland microcube, JT serpent, JT Sg Custom, Washburn D-100, PODXTL, Monster Powerconditioner, George L's cords
ALL MY POSTS ARE *MY OPINION* GO HOME TROLLS!
^ you're a dick.

Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by Gibson_Rocker
Ive been using ernie ball strings for awhile now. I use the regular green ones. I play alot punk, rock, alt............ but i use my les paul for my classic rock, solos stuff. I got a tom delonge strat for playing my punk stuff. im thinkin bout putin skinny top heavy bottum strings on it. are these good for punk? Oh ya i play no Metal!

My experiance with EB Slinkies is that they break a lot, go out of tune fast, and go dead fast. Plus, I think of them more for single-coil pickups. but seriously...its all about your personal taste.
yer i have a problem with EB slinkies and breaking, i stopped usin em now, kept snappin my top E string
Beggles

Quote by the humanity

if he does not post pics, he obviously has installed a pickup and bridge on his house broom for some brutal sweep picking.

I've used alot of different strings and the tonal difference isn't very noticable IMO, it's all about how they feel ... and that's a very personal issue.
Quote by Pieter-Jan
I've used alot of different strings and the tonal difference isn't very noticable IMO, it's all about how they feel ... and that's a very personal issue.

Ya i have used most kinds of strings. and i allways came back to the Slinkies. If you keep them clean they last awhile on average i change mine every two weeks some ppl say i do alot of string changing but hey thats how i like to do it. The Strings last longer than that i just change them ou tof personal preference
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join