I appologise in advance for another amp thread, but Im curious. What do you guiys think of the Ashdown Fallen Angel combo, 2x12, 60 watt? Is it versitile? Does it have nice, audible, warm cleans? Does it have good all around distorion? Would it work for music like Three Days Grace, Avenged Sevenfold, Blink 182, Seether, Saliva, Gob, Nickelback, Letterkills, and more?

Post your opinions, please, no "omgz, th4t 4mp is teh suxorz! Get teh *insert amp here*

Just post whether you likeit, what you like about it, and why, or vice-versa.

Thanks in advance.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Its a dark sounding amp, good for hard rock/metal type ****. Its pretty unreliable though, I was gonna get the halfstack but everybody I talked to said its a must to have a back up with that amp. Kinda pushed me away from it.
it's decent.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
^ aye, agreed, derek. It's decent, but far from amazing. If you're on a budget for a (reasonably) high gain amp, it's one of the few options.

It has decent (not great, but usable) cleans, a good classic rock style crunch (probably its best tone, in my opinion) if you crank channel 1 (the clean channel)'s gain knob, and has a dark sounding channel 2, aimed mostly at nu-metal/modern rock. You need to be careful it doesn't get muddy on this channel.

i'd say it'd do most of the stuff you want, more or less.

EDIT: oh, and I can't comment on the reliability. I only tried it out in a shop, and it worked there...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks guys, If I can find a shop that stocks them, I may try it.

Oh, and if you guys can suggest other amps that'd fit my above specifications, that's be great, and I dont really have a budget, but Im not looking to spend any more than $1500 really. Thanks.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
^ i tried the randall rg50 when I was in london, it was pretty good too- similar price to the ashdown (sorry for the bump, I've been away).

Though if you can get up to $1500, you probably want to be looking at peavey 5150's, engl screamers, splawns, etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It'll handle your nu-metal tones, but I don't think I'd get one based on versatility. The cleans aren't very good, and you really can't get a nice, light overdrive tone out of it. If you can get by with a few lackluster tones, and one decent metal tone, then it'll do you just fine.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
^ you can get a good od on channel 1 by cranking the gain, but then you have no clean channel (if you're talking about the FA)...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?