http://mists.dmusic.com/

here there are two folk metal songs. One is my intro to my demo. The other is a newly edited and mastered song. IF you've listened to the old verson of Joukahainen's revenge, then listen to this. its a lot better. Keyboards and effects added, and vocals made so you can here them. Crit4crit.
Quote by Spynal
You obviously have never taken a lick of theory in your life, you're pretty dumb, you know that.

Quote by mydadisjewish

i laughed. this guy sucks balls. try to be less dumb.

Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz

I laugh at you. You're stupid. Retarded.

See! I'm the dummy around here...
Intro - good imigination u have, and good mixing skills also lol. the guitar over the animals is good because it builds alot of tension up for the next part. pretty good i wouldnt change a thing.
Joukahainen's Revenge - good intro. reminds me a bit of metallica for some reason...maybe thats just me. it gets better with the solos kicking in. hte tone on the guitar at the end is horrible. also, for the love of god cutt down the length lol 11.28 is a bit much, but i guess its worth it. pretty good piece mate

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395593 heres mine to crit cheers.
thanks dude.
Quote by Spynal
You obviously have never taken a lick of theory in your life, you're pretty dumb, you know that.

Quote by mydadisjewish

Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz

please crit
Quote by Spynal

Quote by mydadisjewish

Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz

Intro is good...love the acoustic on Joukahainen's revenge, but the growling (I guess that's what it would be called) over it makes it semi-comical and distracts from the great music, in my opinion, but maybe that's what you're going for. When the electric comes in, it's ok, but gets much better near the solo and where the acoustic part combines with the solo. Love the ending. So pretty much a great song, just get better vocals. I also liked the spiritual quality. Good work...
Busy Downloading The second song, but I'll give you my crit on the "intro" song thingy.

Dude, I like the first 40 secs of the intro. It reminds me of a Bathory Song, really atmospheric and puts you in the mood.

But dude, As soon as the drums enter, that?s like..41 seconds I think....the song takes a huge downfall. The drums don't go at all and it ends up sounding like something from a Dawson?s Creek episode. Then towards the end of the intro song, it just sounds chaotic. Too busy and very much in contrast to the original mood set in the first 40 seconds.

My advice?

Dump everything after 40 seconds and this time, instead of crowding it up with noise and weird electric guitar sounds. Keep it clean/acoustic.

Add DARKER clean guitar stuff and slowly build up towards the end.
That's just my opinion. I really think you can make a killer Intro If you do what I just said , but ye maybe that?s just how I think.

Listening to the other song now:

Okay, dude. I?m going To be BRUTALLY HONEST with you here.

Joukahainen's_Revenge was a real mess.

The intro was good, Metallica-esque and tasteful.
Then the vocals entered....

What in hell were you saying? It sounded like you were blowing you nose. I understand it being Black metal or Viking Metal influenced, but the vocals were HORRID throughout the song.

05:15

Around about that time, the electric guitar enter and adds more chaos to the song. It sounds dreadful and not even close to melodic. Were you just hitting random notes or something?

Then to add to the disaster, at 05:30 and ENTIRE new song seems to start with NO prelude or build up. It was just as if you cut and pasted an entire different song into the previous one that was playing with a very notable gap in-between. You needed to build up to a certain break or main riff. But you just stopped all of sudden and started with something else completely. The laughing vocals at the end were horrible too.

From a pure recording point of view, the lightning and rain etc needs to be in the background while the guitars and vocals in the Fore. In the recording, especially in the intro, it seems that it is the other way around because of the Volume levels.

I'm not trying to flame you at all man, I am just being honest. But the intro of both songs are the only things that should be kept/ Scrap the rest. I would'nt write this much If i was just wanting to flame you.

Joukahainen's Revenge is a very long song and is very boring.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
Last edited by Eternal_One at Jul 19, 2006,
Quote by Eternal_One

The intro was good, Metallica-esque and tasteful.
Then the vocals entered....

What in hell were you saying? It sounded like you were blowing you nose. I understand it being Black metal or Viking Metal influenced, but the vocals were HORRID throughout the song..

its called growling. Its from black/death metal. I'm not that good at them, but they weren't terrible. The best black metal vocalist is the one-man band Burzum.

Quote by Eternal_One

05:15

Around about that time, the electric guitar enter and adds more chaos to the song. It sounds dreadful and not even close to melodic. Were you just hitting random notes or something?

Then to add to the disaster, at 05:30 and ENTIRE new song seems to start with NO prelude or build up. It was just as if you cut and pasted an entire different song into the previous one that was playing with a very notable gap in-between. You needed to build up to a certain break or main riff. But you just stopped all of sudden and started with something else completely. The laughing vocals at the end were horrible too.

From a pure recording point of view, the lightning and rain etc needs to be in the background while the guitars and vocals in the Fore. In the recording, especially in the intro, it seems that it is the other way around because of the Volume levels.

i'm not hiting random notes, i'm playing power chords. The laughing vocals again from the black metal style. I do understand the gap. TO fill you in, this is the first song i ever finished recording, and recorded it about 4 months ago.
Quote by Spynal

Quote by mydadisjewish

Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz

It's called a crit.

If you want someone to lie to you and say IT ROCKS, then go somewhere else.

I was being honest, read my other crits around this board..I don't only have negative comments but also positive.

And whether it's growling or not, in my opinion ,WHICH YOU ASKED FOR by posting it here on this thread,it sucks.

Power Chord?

WTF????

I'm talking about EXACTLY 05:15 to about 05:30

[sarcasm]That is the first power chord I have heard in my life like that[/sarcasm]..

Those arn't power chords buddy, that is your attempt at a solo or fill.

Still sound's like you were hitting random notes.

And you always seem yo bring back the excuse that "It's from the Black metal style", trust me I LISTEN to black metal and your laughing make the entire sound a laughing matter.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
Last edited by Eternal_One at Jul 19, 2006,
The intro is way too long on Joukahainen's Revenge. The playing is directionless and in some places sloppy. The tone is too thin. Do you call those growls? Seriously, what the ****? I hope you're joking.

Work on your guitar playing. You need to work on your growls too. If you call them black/death metal again, I'm going to hunt you down for insulting my favourite style of music.

So, yeah... it was a start, but you need a lot more practice.
I have heard the old version of juckaheinen's revenge and this is way better in quality. Like I said in my last crit of the previous revenge song of yours , The grouls sound like you had a laryngectomy and you speak through a voice box (like ned in south park).. I SHALL mention that the song is very dimmu borgir esque like in the for all tid album , that says smth my friend.
In my crappy opinion i think you should have added an ensemble string riff in there with choir or voice oohs or smth . but it sounds decent enough like that.
That was my honest and as a musician to musician crit.
Do you want to take a look at mine my friend? it's a black metal (or smth similar) song i wrote.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396962
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Eternal_One

Power Chord?

WTF????

[sarcasm]That is the first power chord I have heard in my life like that[/sarcasm]..

And you always seem yo bring back the excuse that "It's from the Black metal style", trust me I LISTEN to black metal and your laughing make the entire sound a laughing matter.

Dude. It?s a solo played in the Dorian mode in the key of d. and its not even improvised like a lot of the solos. You must not know what a solo is because your black metal is slipknot, system of a down, fallout boy and disturbed. That what you come across as, a nu-metal head.
I agree with you on a lot of stuff. I was just responding to you. You don?t have to come back and go. Blah, ya you suck, blah, blah blah, you suck. I know my vocals suck and parts of the song aren?t that good. It?s the first ****in song I recorded. Ever! If you would notice I was agreeing and responding you would not have come across as a black rapper.

To the other guys who said my vocals sucked. I COMPLETY, ONE HUNDRED PERSENT AGREE WITH YOU! I know I suck. I?m a guitarist, not a vocalist, that?s why all my other stuff in instrumental.

In musical aspects it?s pretty good. In song-writing aspects its okay. In vocals is sucks.
Quote by Spynal

Quote by mydadisjewish

Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz

Quote by Eternal_One
It's called a crit.

If you want someone to lie to you and say IT ROCKS, then go somewhere else.

I was being honest, read my other crits around this board..I don't only have negative comments but also positive.

And whether it's growling or not, in my opinion ,WHICH YOU ASKED FOR by posting it here on this thread,it sucks.

Power Chord?

WTF????

I think u went a bit far there. there was no need to start making fun of him, if u dont like his work, then dont click on it again. as simple as that.
^
thanks dude.
Quote by Spynal

Quote by mydadisjewish

Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz

Typing while I listen

This is for intro, cant get Revenge to work

You really need to push the gutiar forward in the mix near the beginning
Drums are horrid, sorry to be so honest. Get rid of the electric guitar...and you really should try and get a better tone if you can..... the electric really has so point...noodling, but if you'd kept the clean going alone...it would have benefited greatly. Although, your animal noises don't exactly match the feel of the song. Maybe just keep the clean, add some more ambient noise and go through some tension building moments till it all spills out into the noises near the end?

here's mine if you'd like to crit: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397043
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
Last edited by NevermorePsalm at Jul 20, 2006,
i didn't care for either of them. you had no rhythm, it was all over the place. I started laughing when you started hissing. lol I would work on rhythm most though.
Ibanez RGA 121
Ibanez RG3EX1
Some sort of Marshall Stack
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Little POD thing

Plagued Paradise
I like the Medieval Mist intro the end not so much because it seemed like it went nowhere and parts seemed to random at times. Your Black metal vocals need alot of work they sounded a little better at the end.

5/10
thanks dudes
Quote by Spynal

Quote by mydadisjewish

Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz

I listened to the second one. Skipped past the intro once it got to be over a minute long. Got to the vocals. Laughed for about a minute straight. Closed the window.
Member #6 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
When it comes to flipping pancakes, it's better than burgers.
1) Get lounder at your growling. It sounds like you are holding back or afraid to growl.

2) At the biggining some of the guitaring sound out of time with the drumming. This is a 11 min song so it might not be that you are out of time but your audio program is suffer massive latency? Lower your audio buffers

3) Guitar tone, I don't know what Mic you are using. Try different Micing techniques (like distance micing).

4) work on this song a little more, I decent right now but it could be alot better.

Check out my works
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6231851#post6231851
thanks UUUHHHHh/
Quote by Spynal

Quote by mydadisjewish

Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz

dude. its real metal, not system of a down.
Quote by Spynal

Quote by mydadisjewish

Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz

Wow thanks. You definitly make me feel better about my vocal ability. Honestly though what other music has vocals like that. Can you link me the genre or history on the genre or anything. I'm interested now.
Originally posted by jallas

Ohh... you don't like pop music. Ahh I see, that must make it suck then.

Queene Anne's Revenge!
It was great..

^ and dude above. Its called viking metal respectivly. Check out bands like cruachan, einherjer, asmegin, later Bathory. Look up viking and folk metal on wikipedia.
pretty decent song... you need to work on you're growls somemore though.
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Now I'm back cause Obama.