http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-AT100-100W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-with-Tri-Mode-Rectifier?sku=481303

or

http://www.music123.com/Ashdown-Fallen-Angel-60H-DSP-Guitar-Head-i277692.music

Im trying to find a good head for my cab. I play metal music and need something with rip-your-face-off distortion. I dont really care about cleans that much. Not really my style of music. If anyone has some experience or advice with these two amps, your input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Jesus Rules

SLAM DANCE
Play them both, decide for yourself. Don't buy blindly.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i know that, i was just wondering if anyone had bad/good experiences with them.
Jesus Rules

SLAM DANCE
i've played the b-52 extensively and it doensn't get a good rip your face of metal sound at all imo. the crunch channel is decent for metallica-ish tones. but thats about it.

imo you could probably swing a used 5150 head on ebay for about that much.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
I have no experience with the Ashdown but I own the AT-100. It is a great amp for the price. If you want total death metal sounds out of it you will either need high output pickups or an OD pedal but it can do basically anything. I play anything from RHCP and acoustic stuff to Slayer and Metallica on it.

I also like the 5 year warranty that it comes with. Basically you know that you are covered if anything goes wrong with it. Some older ones are known to have reverb problems though. It all depends on when it was made.
yeah, i heard about the reverb problem, thats why i would get it new. thanx for the input though!
Jesus Rules

SLAM DANCE
I haven't tried the b52, but I wouldn't call the ashdown "rip-your-face-off". It's more a nu-metal/modern rock amp, and has a pretty good classic rock crunch tones too.

I second derek- look into a 5150, or something like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i dont trust ebay. lol. id rather get something brand new and know that its in good condition.
Jesus Rules

SLAM DANCE
well, to vouch for ebay, my moms suv (caddi escalade ) we got off ebay, my dad got his truck (ford f-250) off ebay, my dad also got a jeep cj 7 off ebay. and i bought my peavy XXX off ebay. and they all work great.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

The Fallen Angel.

But as for eBay, eh...I used to not trust it either. But my dad bought a 22' sailboat off there, and a boat trailer...so that swayed me...
look, just because you bought 4 things off ebay and they're fine doesn't mean he mightn't be gipped. There are people being gipped all the time. There are also people not being gipped. If he wants to buy new, that's his prerogative. And mine too. Unless I got like an amazing deal, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My uncle bought a Land Rover SUV off ebay, it came without keys or wheels.

He bought the wheels, and they came without lugnuts.

I **** you not.
Quote by Dave_Mc
look, just because you bought 4 things off ebay and they're fine doesn't mean he mightn't be gipped. There are people being gipped all the time. There are also people not being gipped. If he wants to buy new, that's his prerogative. And mine too. Unless I got like an amazing deal, lol.

EBAY IS THE DEVIL

chill out dave.

i was just saying its been good from my personal exerpience.

Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565