what's the difference between tube and trans tube amps?

and witch une do you think is the best?
Trans tube amps are usually mimicing the sound of tube amps, not always doing a good job.

Tube is definately better.

More importantly....why?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Transtube - Peavey marketing ploy to get you to buy a solid state amp that sounds nothing like a tube amp.

Tube amp - uses a device marginally more advanced than a lightbulb to create your tone and amplify your sound and make anything you play, no matter how terrible, utterly ORGASMIC.
Hi, I'm Peter
If you can afford a tube amp, you should probably get the tube amp. There are a few exceptions. If you want pristine cleans, a Roland Jazz Chorus is absolutely fantastic. If you want a heavy metal sound with a lot of headroom (volume without really driving the amp), Randall solid states can be good. Also, solid states are generally more reliable than tube amps. But that being said, nothing sounds better than a driven tube amp. Nothing. Ever. At all. Never ever existed. Ever. Impossible.
Hi, I'm Peter
^A real tube amp if you've got the money, and remember, buy an amp on its sounds, not what they look like or any marketing schemes.
Stay in school.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by Dirk Gently
Tube amp - uses a device marginally more advanced than a lightbulb to create your tone and amplify your sound and make anything you play, no matter how terrible, utterly ORGASMIC.

don't fallout boy use tube amps?

but yeah, dirk is right. Tube > transtube.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
After a workout and a filling lunch, I'm feeling a little over-the-top, what can I say?
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dave_Mc
don't fallout boy use tube amps?

but yeah, dirk is right. Tube > transtube.

They use Triple Rectos live...

But they dont know jacksh1t about anything about gear Im sure...theyre not the ones who EQs the amps, tunes the drums, or guitars, or anything like that. Thats all up to their techs. They just put on the guitar, turn it up...and attempt to play.
^I don't think they even attempt...
Don't be afraid to care"

^

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Blinded0n1sidE
^ and fail at living*

lol better?

Right on.
Don't be afraid to care"

Tube=Real amps, real sound, real overdrive. The best of the best, if you can afford one.

Transtube=Nipples.
Transtube is basically the Peavey version of a Marshall AVT in cheap construction claiming to give you a tube driven sound...but it dosnt.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
Except that the AVT is a hybrid, so it has a tube preamp. Transtube is just pure solid state. Hybrid is a marketing ploy anyway, but still... If you're going to put "Tube" or "Valve" in the name, at least have the decency to put ONE tube in the fricking amp.
Hi, I'm Peter
Hehe this thread is funny.

What with the all the bashing of Fall Out Boy and the huge big-up of tube amps.

(Sorry for spamming, I'm bored)
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by Blinded0n1sidE
They use Triple Rectos live...

But they dont know jacksh1t about anything about gear Im sure...theyre not the ones who EQs the amps, tunes the drums, or guitars, or anything like that. Thats all up to their techs. They just put on the guitar, turn it up...and attempt to play.

Im not about to start a flame war, but just becuase they happen to play what you consider crappy music doesnt mean they dont know what they happen to be doing.

And yes, I do hate Fall Out Boy, I just dont get why some people go to extreme lengths to bash them.

As for Trans Tube vs Tube, go Tube and never turn back.
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
haha fallout boy sucks come on mention a real band if ure going to mention one!! they're posers bahhh
EC-50 /emg 85 on neck
Digitech Metal Master Heavy Metal Distortion
Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer Overdrive
Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by xmrchainsawx
Im not about to start a flame war, but just becuase they happen to play what you consider crappy music doesnt mean they dont know what they happen to be doing.

As for Trans Tube vs Tube, go Tube and never turn back.

Yeah I know. Its just fun man. Besides, I know they know what theyre doing. I know they know theyre writing music targeted at middle school girls who wear all black clothing. Its all just pop-punk...no feeling...no soul...no real thought behind it. I can barely tell the difference between Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco. They sound exactly alike lol.

Anyways, I would choose a hybrid amp over a 'transtube amp' or a 'flexwave amp' er whatever else is out there saying it sounds "JUST LIKE REAL TUBES!".
Quote by Blinded0n1sidE
Yeah I know. Its just fun man. Besides, I know they know what theyre doing. I know they know theyre writing music targeted at middle school girls who wear all black clothing. Its all just pop-punk...no feeling...no soul...no real thought behind it. I can barely tell the difference between Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco. They sound exactly alike lol.

Anyways, I would choose a hybrid amp over a 'transtube amp' or a 'flexwave amp' er whatever else is out there saying it sounds "JUST LIKE REAL TUBES!".

Thats because they are.

And you have a point, at least with the hybrid amp, you'd still have a tube pre-amp.
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!