Page 1 of 2
Today at the guitar store, I was choosing a guitar to buy. I was unlucky as I had come in to try an Ibanez, but there were not very many in stock. I did not want to try a Gibson as I have already tried all of them in the store(not many people buy them).

I was looking at the Strats and I was thinking "Well, I dont want to try one of those, as I dont want to get one". But the only reason for this was that I knew everyone has one and that this is the one that all non players think about when they refer to a guitar.

It was a very good guitar and all, I may buy one. But that shape and name is just so well known that I dont want to have friends over who say "Oh you have got one of those", but rather "Oh wow whats that guitar it looks so cool!".

Over the years, The Strat has just become basically the guitar icon, everyone knows it. I did before I started playing, I didnt know what the hell an Ibanez or a Gibson were.

Anyone agree?

Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
You should get the guitar you like, not the guitar you think your friends will like that they think you like.
who cares? if you like the guitar, and play well on it, screw everyone
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
You shouldn't choose a guitar to impress people. get one you like.
my friends all think that a strat looks to "standard", but i dont care what they think it looks like and i am nearly ready to afford one.

the moral of this story is who gives a **** what other people think
I used to think a strat was too generic and plain and whatnot, but then I decided that I want an SSS, and oops. Not too much choice, is there? So there's a strat (or rather a strat-shaped ESP) on my stand now.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
it's simple if you want a guitar to impress anyone go to a custom shop and ask for a cow-looking guitar with pink dots. if you want a guitar to become master why not try all of them and decide what is best for you?
you dip**** . Your not going to buy that guitar because lots of people know what a strat looks like???
^I did not say that I was not going to buy it because of that, addmittidly it was what I thought, but now that I have played it I have seriously considered buying it.

Im merely proposing the idea the guitar is too generic.

Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
i don't really like strats
not a prejudice against the guitar itself
just against the sound it has
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
I agree, but if it's what you like, nobody cares if they've seen it before.
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

Theres a reason people play strats. Its not a coincidence that so many people have them.

You shouddl have tried a tele

You seem a bit to concerned about how you "look"
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by Roughage
Mmm Tele's, now that's something good

The proud owner of a MIA tele
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
How about you pick guitar A) Sounds good B) Feels comfortable and C) You like the way it looks...what kind of question is that...if you like the guitar buy it, I have a strat
hey i know im a fanatic, but if anyones looking for a different sss or p90-p90-p90 guitar, try out the ebmm albert lees. they have a funky shape, that i thought was ugly at first, but theyre comfy as ****. and the p90s expecially are a dream.
Quote by caughtinamosh
i don't really like strats
not a prejudice against the guitar itself
just against the sound it has

yeah i agree, i dont mind the fat strats but i need a humbucker or two..so the plain strats dont fit me.

there not bad tho, i definatly want to get a squier when im rich and pimp it out when i can burn that money
I'd get a strat anyday. Lot's of great guitarists use it for a reason.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
id buy a strat if i didnt already have a jag. i get a lot of the strat tones out of my jag, so i really dont have the need for one.. but they are awesome guitars, and you shouldnt worry about how common they are.. theyre common for a reason, theyre f*ckin awesome
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Strats may be generic, but all the other companies try to copy the awesomeness of a strat. I think strats look hot when they are completely messed up looking

Sent from my iPad.
Right on threadstarter, I agree. They look kinda boring I think, Id rather get an LP or an Ibanez for looks, but I tried one out a while ago and it played really well.
Quote by paintITblack39
Strats may be generic, but all the other companies try to copy the awesomeness of a strat. I think strats look hot when they are completely messed up looking

yeah, smack dat bitch up!
Quote by DunlopGuy
who cares? if you like the guitar, and play well on it, screw everyone

Yep agree one hundred percent.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Its usually red strats with white pick-guard or black strats with white pickguard thats generic, if you showed some non player a sunburst strat with a black scratchplate they'd think it was a way cool guitar thats totally unique, IMO strats look can be a bit boring but in other views they are beautiful guitars
Quote by fronkpies

The proud owner of a MIA tele

Lucky bastard MIA Tele. Fronk what did you get banned for?
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
It's not what your guitar looks likeor how cool it is, It's how well you can play it Remember that one kids. have you have a look at schecter there good specially the C1-FR.
I dont see the hype with schecter, yes they may be good, yeah a lot of people use them and they're good for metal but on a strat thread why bring up a C-1 FR, and on ibanez/jackson/ESP etc. thread everyones like "get a schecter even though you want one of the other 3"
Well, Strat's have been around for so long it's easy for them to be "generic" but it's the experience of playing the guitar that must be the deciding factor for you in choosing a guitar.
A C1 is a strat shaped guitar if you hadnt noticed and they are amazing instruments for the price. and there in the same league as Ibanez/Jackson and ESP
They're super strat shape, strat is with the pick-guard and everything like a fender strat or its copies, and while they are in the same league as ibanezes, jacksons and LTD's when people specificly ask for something that isnt a schecter osmeone says schecter, i'm not trying to get into an argument its just that schecter is raised in nearly every single thread around here
Strats rule.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by Punk_Ninja
They're super strat shape, strat is with the pick-guard and everything like a fender strat or its copies, and while they are in the same league as ibanezes, jacksons and LTD's when people specificly ask for something that isnt a schecter osmeone says schecter, i'm not trying to get into an argument its just that schecter is raised in nearly every single thread around here

Theres a reason for that cus there awesome
Strats rule, but they were designed in the 50s, a time when electric guitars were scarce oddities in the guitar world. They were considered future looking then, with their trem and tuners and headstock and pickups, but now everything about them, including the name, screams vintage.

If you're looking for a great sounding guitar with vintage looks, get a stratocaster. If you're looking for a great playing (not that strats don't play great), heavier sounding, modern looking guitar, get an Ibanez/schecter/etc.
They may be awesome but so are a lot of guitars that arent mentioned every 2 seconds, now i dont want to keep on about this as its a strat thread, which BTW rock my socks
Page 1 of 2