i#m very serious bout changing to bass and i was wonderin whether there would be any problems or very bad quality if i played the bass thru my 10W guitar amp?

or would it be advisable to get a bass kit (bass, amp, etc.)

thanks in advance
signature
get a bass amp, definately. because you can use it for guitar, too.

there was a quote from Brian's Winter that'd fit this pretty much perfectly.
a guitar amp, particularly one as small as that, is very prone to exploding when played through with a bass guitar.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by UtBDan
a guitar amp, particularly one as small as that, is very prone to exploding when played through with a bass guitar.

it is?

Anyway, as you seem to know it'd be a good idea, i reccomend getting bass gear if possible. otherwise it'll just sound pretty poor.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Quote by JahJahwarrior
It'll work better than plugging your bass into, say, an oven.

Or young children.

have you actually tried plugging your amp into young children?
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
i don't want to fry my amp so ill probs get a bass package. thanks for the help!
signature
Quote by epy
have you actually tried plugging your amp into young children?

the tones a bit trebly for my liking
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I wouldn't try it, thats how I started playing bass and cut to two weeks later when the thing smoked up my room so the fire bell went off. Some of the low watt bass amps sound great and can get pretty loud, its definitely something you should have IMO.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"