Page 1 of 6
I guess this might be for american people only but....

What were you doing when it happened, my friend asked me this today so i figured id ask UG..

I was in 6th grade Mr. Beers class, and they made an announcment saying, anyone whos parents work in New York, come to the office immideatly...
I dunno what time it would have been over here. But I rememebr seeing it on the news just before going to school, and I didn't understand what had really happened, and I dind't even know what the twin towers were.
I was in a portable in 5th grade Mr. Petersen's class and they made us go into the building and kid's parents raided the school saying they wanted their kids to go home, and my teacher made us write a thing about it so that when we got older we could look back....I lost mine...
-[NiL]-
Came home from school expecting to watch some Price Is Right, but no, they just had to have that **** on every channel.
Quote by DeSean
I dunno what time it would have been over here. But I rememebr seeing it on the news just before going to school, and I didn't understand what had really happened, and I dind't even know what the twin towers were.

i found out about it when i got home from school
and ill be honest i went "what are the twin towers? "
i'd honestly never heard of them before, but now looking back on it i can see them everywhere.
i suppose you only really notice something when its gone.
Fissh demands you cease this faggotry at once!
Quote by zxxAACxxz
Came home from school expecting to watch some Price Is Right, but no, they just had to have that **** on every channel.

I was going to watch Poke'mon.
7th grade on the way to my social studies class, i heard it in the hallways
Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Popapez can shred0rz the acoustic guitar
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
It happened just as I was being driven to school. I was 5th garde. That morning I went out to my friend before class. He's usualy pretty energetic but he was really serious that morning. He told me that something really bad happened in New York. He said that some one ran planes in to the Trade Towers. I knew it was really bad when we talked about t for a few hours during class. Then after school my mom told me more about it. That night was horrible. We had CNN on all day and night wathcing footage and stories. That is truly one day I will remember untill the day I day.
5th grade in math class
When will I know that I really can't go
To the well once more - time to decide on.
Well it's kiliing me, when will I really see, all that I need to look inside.
Come to belive that I better not leave before I get my chance to ride,
RHCP
Quote by fissh
i found out about it when i got home from school
and ill be honest i went "what are the twin towers? "

I did the same thing.
Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org

RIP
Syd Barrett
January 6, 1946 - July 7, 2006

Quote by Derek <3's You!
I had a bong that we called the beener bong. We bought it off some beener for like 4 dollars and a bag of doritos. No joke.
I was sitting in my 3rd grade class learning to write cursive or some such useless thing.

Co-Founder of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM me or TechnicolorBoy to join.

My music --> Check it out!
i remember i think it was like 10:30 in the morning or something like that...? anyway i was in high school, sophomor year sitting in a special seminar for all of us t.a.g. students and we put on the tv after hearing from another teacher that the first building had been hit. then we sat and watched the whole thing from there, the second plane, the towers collapsing, all that stuff. we watched most of it on tv right as it happened and everybody in the room was just catatonic.
i just woke up for school, my sis was in my room like, OMG watch the TV, the twin towers just got hit, and i was like, get the **** out, i dont care. then when they fell down, i was in my 7th grade woodshop class
Gear

Johnson strat copy
epi les paul jr
epi les paul studio
Ibanez gax 75
crate 10 watt
crate fxt 120
danelectro honeytone
marshall 8200 bichorus
behringer 400watt cab
i live in canada but same time zone
anyways, i was in my 7th grade class, and that school has tv's in everyroom but the office made an announcement that the tv's were having technical difficulties so don't turn them on, but really they we're watching it and just didn't want the kids to see.
I was reading a book before school for homework, and I was about to leave, probably 20 minutes before, and my mom turned the TV to see what happened. Then, as we were watching, we saw the second plane hit. Truely a sad day in history, and one that never will and never should be forgotten.
I was at school and all the teachers would tell us is that "something very bad has happened" and then a kid that faked sick, came to school in the middle of the day and gave us a vague idea of what had happened. then i found out the details at home. i think i was in 5th grade
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
got hoem from school, it was on every channel...
Dimebag 1966-2004 RIP a true legend

Quote by RingmasterTJ
Dumbest thread ever...when shouldn't you get shit-faced drunk?

Quote by Dirk Gently

When I turn on the TV, I see nothing but black people.[/IMG]

Quote by ckellingc
I jerked off in Wyoming if that counts
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
I was at work and my wife called me and said that a plane hit one of the towers, as she was telling me about it she saw the second plane hit on tv. My manager came around and said if we wanted to go home and be with our families that it would be OK.
got home from school, ready for birthday presents/happy, got pissed off that my parents wouldn't turn the ****ing TV off
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
I was at school and came home from lunch and my dad told me a bunch of planes ran into stuff in America and we laughed for a good 5 minutes.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
5th grade, it was a half day. My class was about to go get our lunches to bring back and eat in the class room. On the way there another teacher told mine and she only sent the students that needed lunch. The rest of the class went back inside(including me). I was sitting there eating my "lunch"(on half days lunch was around 9AM) and my teacher got the TV hooked up. I sat there watching them play the footage over and over. Seeing that was the only event in my life that caused chills to go up my spine.
Quote by PaintOurSilence
I was at school and came home from lunch and my dad told me a bunch of planes ran into stuff in America and we laughed for a good 5 minutes.

Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
4th grade goin to gym class, saw it in the office window, i was like sweet, somethins gettin blown up, then i learned what it really was
Quote by Adio_stack
4th grade goin to gym class, saw it in the office window, i was like sweet, somethins gettin blown up, then i learned what it really was

...yeah, something getting blown up
Quote by Dogruitag

Quote by LookAlive
Quote by PaintOurSilence

bastard
i was in my spanish class in 6th grade. we stopped class and listened to it on the radio.. it was realy scary
I woke up and I went to watch TV. My dad was watching and he seemed pretty focused. So, I thought some kind of cool show was coming on. It turned out to be quite serious.
Sent from my iPad.
eating dinner(different country).....then i saw it on CNN...i was like

and i thought are classes would get suspended but it's from the US and i was still at the Philippines at that time
Last edited by Vantage at Jul 18, 2006,
Whats with all of these not telling you in school?

When it happened, they had an announcement about it, then we all went to the library (I was in grade 7.. grade 6-8 went to the library) and watched the TV for a bit.
Quote by TimmyPage06
Whats with all of these not telling you in school?

When it happened, they had an announcement about it, then we all went to the library (I was in grade 7.. grade 6-8 went to the library) and watched the TV for a bit.

I'm guessing they didn't tell us in my school because half the kids wouldn't have given a flying ****, and then everyone would just use it as an excuse to bugger off home. And my school is stingy with staying in school.
Quote by Dogruitag

Quote by LookAlive
I was sitting in the living room with my mum and sister packing boxes, and cutting up out of date cards etc, and my dad called and said "turn on the news..something is happening in New York". We turned it on just in time to see the 2nd plane crash in to the twin towers live on tv.

We sat in silence.

I'll never forget that.
'Mon The Biffy!

Boing Boing

Member #2 of the Biffy Fan Club. PM onlyonehere to join.

Quote by Caustic
I like this guy.
I was on a plane flying into New York unfortunately i missed Wall Street, damn terrorists stole my plane.
i was in Gym class and we got out of school early. Creepy!
Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Pile on many more layers and I'll be joining you there.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
And we'll bask in the shadow of yesterday's triumph,
sail on the steel breeze.
I was in 6th grade and I just got to school and the teachers were making everyone go into the cafeteria. They didn't tell us anything so I thought, "hey, cool. we don't have to go to class today." Then later on, the staff made us line up to get a chance to call our parents to pick us up from school. I couldn't reach my mom so the office called her work place and she came to pick me up. She picked my brother up also and we went home. I was confused, but my mom told me that something terrible happened in another state. I guess she didn't want me to know.
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
Quote by zxxAACxxz

I didn't have cable back then, so my TV didn't work at all, because the stations I got with the antenna were transmitted from the Twin Towers.

Anyway, I was at school when it happened.

That's so wierd with everyone going home from school, I live about 45 minutes from where the Twin Towers were, and I stayed in school.
Hammering the one eyed snake. True story. I went to wash it up when I passed by the TV and saw it.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.