i've bin looking in buying a pedal but i'mnot shure witch sort to take. distortion or a wah? i'd like to have a wah cause they sound so cool but i don't play lots of songs with wah's.

i play more songs with distortion, so i would need a distortion pedal. but what if i start learning more songs with wah's? i would be stuck with a distortion pedal.

what should i do? buy a wah or distortion? if you have sugesstions please tell me brands. i play all sorts of music so don't ask.

thnx
You should get both, but if you have to choose, distortion is most times more vital than wah.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty
Squier Strat (Painted Green)
Fender 212R FM Combo
EHX Small Clone
Maxon SD-9 Sonic Distortion
EHX Big Muff Pi USA
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DC Brick
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
if u use the distortion more then get the distortion.

brands of pedals? what kind of music r playing?

Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessle's life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever had.
Oh, Ds-1 and Digitech Grunge are nice cheap distortion pedals.
And when you finally get a wah, I suggest the vox v847
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty
Squier Strat (Painted Green)
Fender 212R FM Combo
EHX Small Clone
Maxon SD-9 Sonic Distortion
EHX Big Muff Pi USA
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DC Brick
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
distortion is definatly what you want to buy first (unless your amp distortion nice). I'd suggest the boss BD-2 blues driver for a good beginning distortion pedal. It's really versatile and relatively cheap. Try and get a wah soon though, they're fun to mess around with and can add alot to a song (if used in moderation).
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Do black people attract more dust too?
is the digitech metal master any good? i've lisend to the demos on digitech.com and it sounded really good.
dont get digitech. boss is way better.

Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessle's life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever had.
Quote by Kwokinator
dont get digitech. boss is way better.

That's quite subjective, don't you think? I happen to like the Digitech better.

Quote by tristboyer
is the digitech metal master any good? i've lisend to the demos on digitech.com and it sounded really good.

Go to the store and try them. It's honestly the only way to see whick you like best. The Metal Master is a nice sounding, and powerfull distortion; but you might want something a little more versatile.
^ me too. i lisend to all the demos in both, digi tech and boss sites and i liked more the digitech ones.

i think i'm going to buy the digitech death metal distortion pedal.
the thing is, a distortion pedal might not be as great once you upgrade amps, but a wah will always be a wah.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by tristboyer

well duh. they're trying to sell them.

i would go with distortion. or you could get a pedal that does both, like this one:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-EX7-Expression-Factory?sku=156603
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!