Turn a Marshall Plexie up all the way, stand in front of it and boom feedback like Hendrix Just kidding by the way, but volume and standing close to your speakers with your pickups facing them will help.
the lesser known of the 4
Last edited by 5thhorseman at Jul 18, 2006,
use a strat with nice noisy single coils pickups, turn your amp way up, use a lot of distortion, pump a wah-wah pedal, and use your whammy bar like crazy.

Although one can only get feedback like he did to a certain extent. Even if you play exactly like him and use the same gear, it just won't have that feel.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
well he turned his amps up to levels that are illegal in my state (NJ).
aka jet engine volume.

and...hes Jimi Hendrix
he can do whatever he wants
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
use single coils, stand real close to amp, use tremolo bar to mess with the strings a bit...idk
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
If you want a nice feedback get a tube amp and turn it up, get near it and let the feedback come, it may not sound like hendrix but it can be cool
Quote by michaelcyborg
smoke enough reefer

More of an LSD-type thing
Oh, you just wait. Something'll be here, eventually.
if i put my guitar to close to amp it gets really high pitch noise.. is it regular for this or do pickups need to be fixed, i have a brand new fender higway one strat made in us
Quote by Crazy Skillz
if i put my guitar to close to amp it gets really high pitch noise.. is it regular for this or do pickups need to be fixed, i have a brand new fender higway one strat made in us

that's totally normal. That is how you get some awesome feedback. try experimenting with different notes right in front of it.
the lesser known of the 4
yup
try playing a chord and holding it. usually some octave of the dominat will start feeding back, but sometimes if you set everything just right and stand in the right place, you get this beautiful multiharmonic feedback-not hendrix, but awesome. i think the appeal of hendrix's style is that it was so imperfect (tbh his tone was **** on some songs) so just dime everything and freak out.
i dont think its normal because when i get close to the amp it makes a really high squeel almost like a microphone sometimes, i dont know why its doing this because its a new guitar, wtf is up with my pickups