Does anyone here have any pointers/help for someone who basically sucks at the harmonica. Im a bass/guitar/piano player, but i've got a summer job in a parking booth...yay. seeing as i can't bring guitar to the booth, i thought id take up the harmonica. anyhelp is welcomed.

thanks
epy
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
YOu just have to improvise, Play along to some blues or listen to some Tom petty stuff,
...:::The Master Chief :::...
Quote by Noomz
YOu just have to improvise, Play along to some blues or listen to some Tom petty stuff,

I think he wants technique tips and such, not repitoire suggestions.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
Go out and buy yourself a harmonica basics book. There are hundreds, and many under 10 bucks. Get one, play through it, then maybe listen to a lot of blues songs. Solo over where there's a guitar, or just get all-harmonica-playing artists and play along. Harmonica, like any other instrument, is done best with lots of experience.
Looking for my India/Django.
I definitely recommend a book, as there are few places on the internet that I've seen. I quit because I couldn't find internet things, but I never looked at books. I might take harmonica up again as well, I've been thinking about it.

As with any instrument, practice a lot and take it, hold it, and love it