Poll: Which 7-string?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which 7-string?
Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
18 50%
Ibanez RG 1527
14 39%
ESP Stephen Carpenter Sig (the 899 one, not 2k)
3 8%
Schecter C-7 Blackjack
1 3%
Voters: 36.
Okay i'm going to get a 7-string guitar. I'm not sure about which of these to pick though. I live in Gainesville, FL so the only guitars you can find here are pacifica/yamaha guitars at paramour music. The closest i could go to test these would be Jacksonville, would it be worth it? Or should i just rely on online store return policies?

Anyway, like I said i'm looking at these, here are my specs to help influence your decisions

Style: Metal/Hard Rock/Neo-Classical
AMP: JCM 2000 + 2x12 Cabnit
Effects: POD XTLive
hellraiser
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Ibanez.
Marshall MG100HDFX

Originally posted by Steve Cropper
The three things that can survive a nuclear holocaust are cockroaches, twinkies, and Keith Richards.
I'd opt for the Stephen Carpenter model personally, lovely guitar in my opinion.

The choice is yours though. I'd honestly take the time to travel and test before parting with hard earned cash.
There is no debate

Hellraiser-Comes stock with ACTIVE EMGS
Ibanez-Comes stock with s***y ibanez made pickups.

No question here
None of them...I don't know one song that has a 7 string guitar other than the worst band ever...slipkont
Quote by SRVShakeForMe
None of them...I don't know one song that has a 7 string guitar other than the worst band ever...slipkont

???
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
Quote by SRVShakeForMe

you douchbag. to put a positive spin on this, i reccomend listening to the following songs, which will convert you:
acid rain-liquid tension experiment
lie - dream theater
the glass prison - dream theater
caught in a web - dream theater

ts, im sorry i dont have any experience with those guitars, but if youre willing to go used, you can find a bare bones ebmm jp7 that will kick any of those guitars' ass.
get the Schecter Hellraiser. the Blackjack doesn't have full access to the 24th fret. The Ibanez costs more than both Schecters, but it has lame stock pickups. and i don't know much about the ESP Carpender sig, but the Hellraiser is the best deal.
Quote by SRVShakeForMe

Dream Theater
LIquid Tension Experiment
Lacuna Coil
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Quote by SRVShakeForMe

Slipknot uses six string guitars in Drop B.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Quote by SRVShakeForMe

Jeff Loomis of Nevermore uses almost only 7 string guitars...

To threadstarter, I'd say go with the Schecter.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by FFFDFEFRFKFFF
Slipknot uses six string guitars in Drop B.

ha....ShakeForMe sucks, anyway, i say the hellraiser, but i mean, thats me
Go get your shovel.
I'd go for the RG because I like the number of options for passive pickups and the Wizard neck.

If you get tired of the 707s in the Hellraiser, you won't be able to drop a different set in there smoothly, as 707s have a different rout than a standard 7-string pickup. On the other hand, if you positively want 707s, then Hellraiser is your only choice.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!