i receive my guitar today so i'm learning. i want to learn a good but easy song for the beginning. what you recommend me? anything! obviously a good one.
umm well you can't just pick up a guitar and just learn songs. you need to learn scales, and start from the beginning. as much as u would want to just jump right in and learn fretts to play a song, you should learn the notes, scales, and all the basics. so prety much some beginner music theory. however if you really want to just learn a song right off the bat, everyone seems to know how to play smoke on the water, which is very simple, so i guess you could start with that.
the first song i ever played was the burning red by machine head, completely mellow, simple to play, should help you get used to picking individual strings and fretting power chords..
buy a beatles hits songbook. They are really easy songs and crowd pleasers. Plus it will make your parents happy, an important thing when you become better and want them to buy you more stuff
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Do black people attract more dust too?
Yes 'tis, the house of the rising sun is a very easy chord based song, black sabbath riffs arent usually too hard (Paranoid, iron man, electric funeral)
i never heard nirvana before and i love smell like teen spirit. that song really rock!:d
back in black
iron man
smoke on the water
smells like teen spirit
highway to hell
dont fear the reaper
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Pretty much anything by Green Day. Try Brain Stew and When I Come Around for starters.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Learn your basic open chords first, then some scales.

It'll help in the long run.
stairway to heaven, my first whole somg

_|
_|
_|
_|
_|
_|
_| aww man sorry guys this was suppost
_______________| to be stairs leading to heaven but
it didnt work for some reason
Last edited by eyeownyu at Jul 21, 2006,