what kind of music/style do u prefer
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
I play Metal,Blues, Classic rock, Neoclassical "Shred". Ialready have a godin solidac i want a new tone.
i would go with the LP then.. i think the music u like may be a little too heavy for a strat, unless u get one with hums.. but u can pretty much play anything on an LP anyway so i would get that.. try them both out first though, dont rely just on us
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
both are over-rated i believe..

but if i had to pick i'd choose the les paul
Last.fm
My Recordnerd
Myspace

Quote by Crazy
okay. have fun. 1,567,584,586th time I've heard that in the pit

Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Not even that many people exist on this planet.

LOL
I have a strat and I've played a Les Paul. The Humbuckers in a LP are awesome at not producing buzz, but the Les Paul is rather heavy. Humbuckers will give you more low end. Some Les Pauls can be hard to keep tuned even while playing.
I still prefer my strat, with the reverse coils it reduces buzz on channels 2 and 4 and I really like the sound I get from it.
...no one can save me and you know I don't want the attention...