I have an opportunity to purchase a Silvertone Twin Twelve amp for a very good price. But before I do so I want to do a little bit more research on the amp. I am not having any luck finding a site that has information on dating a Silvertone amp by the serial. Everything I've found on Google is either for guitars or other brands of amps (Fender and Marshall mostly).
Any help would be much appreciated.
projects: jackson v; defretting peavey bass
gear: custom built tele; 70's kay hollowbody; fender tele, strat(holy grails), jazzbass; ibanez ael50serlv, performance; '69 bassman w/ 2x12 cab
ive played one silvertone starter, it was kinda cheap but it was a starter amp. i would think if you wanted to spen d real money you should get something wit a good name. but whatever
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
old silvertones are pretty good, their newer stuff i dont care much for
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
This is not a starter amp. If you had read my gear list you'd have seen that. It's a tube amp from the 60's, still not sure of the exact date. It's been compared to the Fender twin reverb. I've played a twin twelve before. There are plenty of mainstream and not so mainstream recording artists that have used them on music that I'm sure you've heard. I'm planning on running both it and my '69 bassman together. Thanks for the opinions, but what I need is any info anyone may have on how I can find out the date of manufacture.
projects: jackson v; defretting peavey bass
gear: custom built tele; 70's kay hollowbody; fender tele, strat(holy grails), jazzbass; ibanez ael50serlv, performance; '69 bassman w/ 2x12 cab
Last edited by tospol at Jul 18, 2006,