Ok guys! I have my 2 choices of guitars im going to buy down the to ibanez sz320 and schecter hellraiser. I want to get a good guitar that will last me a long time, price isnt overly concerning. They both have a mohogany body, good for playing metal (which is what i play). If i was to get the ibanez sz320 id swap the pickups to the active emg 81/85's. My question is, the hellraiser is 1049 CDN, it comes with the active pickups installed, however, the ibanez sz320 is only 550CDN and i would buy the active pickups (200 dollars off ebay) and it would save me alot of money. I am not sure which one to choose (based on price id say the ibanez is more cost efficient) however, as i stated I would like a very good guitar, and the hellraiser is worth the extra 500 bucks, then I would get it! So, i would like some feedback on both guitars, maybe your guys experience with them etc. etc. to help me decide! Thank you
which hellraiser? i'm assuming the C-1..and that is a very nice guitar w/ a great sound. Don't know much about Ibanez, but they have really nice guitars 2.
C-1 and SZ are very similar in idea, the Hellraiser gives you 24 frets and generally more bells and whistles than the SZ320, so it's priced higher. They feel similar too, although the Schecter seemed over the top for me with its binding. I don't know much about C-1, but SZ has a reputation for being built like a tank. I'd personally take the SZ + pickup swap route, but then I'm an Ibanez w-ore, and I could always use the spare three hundred dollars that route saves.

If you don't mind spending a lot of extra and shun working on the electronics of your axe, then the Hellraiser gives you all you want straight out of the box. If you like your cash in your pocket and don't mind the SZ's more modest dressing, then take that choice. I really doubt the Schecter has more quality to justify its price (no expert opinion here, played it very briefly, but it felt like nothing special to me) and in most respects the two instruments are very similar.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
The SZ is great. its got great tone, great neck, set in neck and a good fixed bridge that i like. The thing with the Schecter is that it has a floyd rose but no set neck, other than that they are the same. I personally preffer the SZ but but if you think you need a floyd rose get the schecter, if you dont want a floyd rose, get the SZ. If you dont know what type of bridge you want then you can base your discision on looks cause they are basically the same. But your best bet is to try go to a shop and try them
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
Hellraiser dude.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
Quote by Distortion_101
The SZ is great. its got great tone, great neck, set in neck and a good fixed bridge that i like. The thing with the Schecter is that it has a floyd rose but no set neck, other than that they are the same. I personally preffer the SZ but but if you think you need a floyd rose get the schecter, if you dont want a floyd rose, get the SZ. If you dont know what type of bridge you want then you can base your discision on looks cause they are basically the same. But your best bet is to try go to a shop and try them

C-1 Hellraiser has a set neck (just like nearly all C-1s) and a TOM bridge.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Yes, I am still undecided. The price of the hellraiser is xpensive. So as of now, although im leaning towards a hellraiser, i might end up getting the sz320. I hope that i can pull together 1100 bucks :\
BTW, i do not want a floyd rose, so i would be getting the Hellraiser no FR
Ah, just go for the SZ, you'll have this warm feeling of getting a better deal. And you'll also get a great guitar.

EMG swap-in is pretty easy afterwards, and you might even not want to do it in the end (they're pretty limiting, really - I played with mine for half a year, and I plan to sell my EMG'ed Ibanez now).
How are they limiting? I am just curious because i really liked the metal sound they produced
Quote by jasonsol
How are they limiting? I am just curious because i really liked the metal sound they produced

Well, most of the time you hear EMGs in action, it's from bands that play them through multithousand dollar uberhigh-gain stacks and a fifty feet long chain of effects. But when you plug an EMG guitar into your average home amp, you discover that they don't sound anything like what you're used to. Both 81 and 85 have a lot of treble and not that deep low growl that people associate with EMGs. If you have a proper high gain amp (something along the lines of a Mesa Rectifier or Peavey 5150/6505) then with tweaking you'll be able to get that "EMG sound". Thus, that sound doesn't come cheap.

There are passive pickups that do the EMG job pretty well and for less... I recall a few threads on that topic from the past.
Ahh, ok cool thanks. I still might get them but that definitley changes things! Thanks for the info
Both are good guitars, but if you pay the extra for the Schecter I suppose you are going to get higher quality. They're similar guitars anyway, so it really comes down to personal preference.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
get the schecter, I will buy an Avenger Hellraiser soon...
Schecter is the way to go IMO!
i have the hellraiser in black cherry and it its the most beautiful guitar ive seen and the sound is awsome with active EMG's
i personally like the schecter... i play an s1 elite and it sounds really nice for metal music...
but i dont really know much about the ibanez either
My Myspace
My Covers
PLEASE WATCH AND COMMMENT

My Gear

Schecter S1 Elite
Line 6 Sypder II 212
Dunlop DB-01 Dime Crybaby From Hell Wah
BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
Quote by alienboy18241
I would def. recomend the schecter. The Hellraiser C-1 you can get for 650-700, not 1100

He's from CANADA!!!

Quote by pifty
C-1 Hellraiser has a set neck (just like nearly all C-1s) and a TOM bridge.

I dont remember it having a set neck. Mustve been something else...
thanx for the info

and as i said try them out, but i still preffer the SZ
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much