Page 1 of 3
So I guess you could say that this is the age old question, is being homosexual related to genetics or is it learned from somewhere. I personally think that it is a genetic trait, you either have it or you don't. Please don't bash on other people, this is all a person's opionion.
-Brian
Umm, last time i checked, I don't believe there is such a thing as a "homosexual gene". Hate to say it but you're opinion is dumbfounded.

I personallybelieve that it's learned.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
it actually is "genetic", but not in the sense that its passed down from your parents. i guess the more accurate term is "chemical". your body does not have the same reactions that a straight body would, so its not interested in the opposite sex.
Quote by ~AdNy
it actually is "genetic", but not in the sense that its passed down from your parents. i guess the more accurate term is "chemical". your body does not have the same reactions that a straight body would, so its not interested in the opposite sex.

i kinda agree but it may also be the enviroment i mean im black and i grew up in the suburbs and i dont seem to like girls of my own race
to say his opinion is dumbfounded may be a bit harsh man, its possible that it is an inherited trait. you or I cant really make the call about whether it is or it isnt, so lets not pretend like we can (not meant as an insult, it just annoys me when people think they know one way or another).
gear:
epiphone g-400
ibanez jk1
fender MIM strat, superstrat switching and hot rails in the bridge

takamine eg 530 sc

peavey 100 vk head w/matching 4x12 cab
planet waves pedal tuner
boss ds-1
morley tremonti power wah
It was in the news the other day that they've discovered trends that point to some kind of genetic defect (no offense) or chemical thing. One of the things they found is that 99% of the time firstborn sons aren't gay
I think there is a gene for almost everything. I'm not talking about directly, I mean a gene the helps in the creation of a certain trait. Like Alcoholism, some people are more vulnerabal(sp) than others. For Homosexuality I think that it is genes and also, possibly childhood upbringing. I think that a lot of people say they are bi to fit in with friends.
Quote by ~AdNy
i agree it's ither that and/or an environmental thing
Quote by AdayTripper
There are animals that are gay, and can hardly think.
Genetic.

i dont think thats true actaully, animals only have sexual attraction from instinct. if your dog humps your legs it doesnt mean hes gay. it doesnt mean he likes you more than anyone else. he might not even know your a dude. you may have a certain scent that has somethign in common with that of a female dog in heat if he continuously rapes your kneecaps, but its not his decision.
God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve so that pretty much explains it for me so our opinion is that it's learned. being gay is a choice! We VERY MUCH DISLIKE fags!

peace, WOODnotes
^You're a dumbass.

Quote by cortrules09
to say his opinion is dumbfounded may be a bit harsh man, its possible that it is an inherited trait. you or I cant really make the call about whether it is or it isnt, so lets not pretend like we can (not meant as an insult, it just annoys me when people think they know one way or another).

Yes, but to say homosexuality is linked to genes is like saying the same about being emo. I do agree to an extent with the chemical theory though. A chemical imbalance or something that causes it seems much more logical.

Things to come:
Quote by DaliLama
It was in the news the other day that they've discovered trends that point to some kind of genetic defect (no offense) or chemical thing. One of the things they found is that 99% of the time firstborn sons aren't gay

i forgot i saw a few months ago on 60 minutes saying that the more sons a women has the more likely that the youger ones are going to be gay
Quote by WOODnotes
God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve

that part was hilarious, yet so very, very ignorant
No it's a choice.

My sister is a lesbian now because all the guys she have been with were twats.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Well if you believe in Adam and Eve then that shows you don't need too much explaining about ANYTHING
Quote by apocalypse13
No it's a choice.

shes not actually lesbian then, believing that is just stupid.
Quote by ~AdNy
i dont think thats true actaully, animals only have sexual attraction from instinct. if your dog humps your legs it doesnt mean hes gay. it doesnt mean he likes you more than anyone else. he might not even know your a dude. you may have a certain scent that has somethign in common with that of a female dog in heat if he continuously rapes your kneecaps, but its not his decision.

Oh, but he is I hump him, and he accepts it.
Quote by cool#9
It's gota be a choice, if its genetics then why are people bi?

bi people are kind of a mix. theres most likely some chemical imbalance which tells then that they are gay, but they try to fight it and bang chicks too, but they are still into dudes so they become bi. either that or its just curiosity. since you cant exactly look into the mind of a bi person, its hard to tell if they are actaully attracted to both sexes or if the jsut like some poon and some wang in their diet. curiosity is a factor, not just chemicals.

EDIT: ^ is that you in that video i saw on limewire?!!?
Quote by apocalypse13
No it's a choice.

well then you're sister is still probably attracted to guys on at least a physical level, I know a lot of girls that have done that and then found a decent guy

and you can't so it's completely a choice it could be partially hormonal
I think that homosexuality is a choice because in the wild, very few mammals(and other species for that matter) exhibit homosexual behavior and humans are, genetically speaking, very similar (almost identical) to other mammals.
Quote by Mattefuller
I think that homosexuality is a choice because in the wild, very few mammals(and other species for that matter) exhibit homosexual behavior and humans are, genetically speaking, very similar (almost identical) to other mammals.

except in the very crucial fact that the only two animals who have sex for pleasure are humans and dolphins.
You guys make it sound like its a bad thing to be gay. If anything, we could learn a few things from them, like how to wear more then a stained tank top and jeans wherever we go. Oh its not your fault your gay, you're just sick, we'll give you these pills and you won't be gay anymore. I just think its something thats better left alone.
(god i'm going to get flammed for this)
Quote by cool#9
You guys make it sound like its a bad thing to be gay. If anything, we could learn a few things from them, like how to wear more then a stained tank top and jeans wherever we go. Oh its not your fault your gay, you're just sick, we'll give you these pills and you won't be gay anymore. I just think its something thats better left alone.
(god i'm going to get flammed for this)

erm, no one implied that at all. this just shows how sensitive society has made non-anti-gay people become.

EDIT: execpt for that guy who posted about adam and steve
Quote by AdayTripper
There are animals that are gay, and can hardly think.
Genetic.

Quote by AdayTripper
Oh, but he is I hump him, and he accepts it.

and I hope that if you ever do that he turns around and bites your d!ck off ... @$$wipe

Choice ... and very very rare ocasions genetics. But you still have a choice. IMO
Quote by WOODnotes
God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve so that pretty much explains it for me so our opinion is that it's learned. being gay is a choice! We VERY MUCH DISLIKE fags!

peace, WOODnotes

you, my friend, are a fool, and if you are a christian, you are the reason why people frown upon christianity as a whole. way to spread the whole fellowship thing. curiosuly, do you hate people with downs syndrome or other birth defects/terminal illnesses because they are not like adam and eve?

anyway, apologies for the off topic rant but the narrowmindedness kills me. i was thinking i had heard about the genetics and what theyve found with research as well, and it does make sense, because many characteristics and/or susceptibilities can be traced back to one gene or a combination of them.

its sad that this thread will turn into flaming.
gear:
epiphone g-400
ibanez jk1

takamine eg 530 sc

planet waves pedal tuner
boss ds-1
hey im a christian and id like to comment on Woodnotes cus thats not how real christains act....i mean like the ones who acually care and dont jus go around saying they are....i think our belief is that homosexuals arent like sinners or anything unless the commit acts of homosexuality...i personally believe male and female were created for a reason but im not gonna look down on gays like theyre less cus theyre not....but idk i jus didnt wanna go through a christian bashing.....not sayin you would cus thats true we do get a bad name cus of comments liek that
Led Zeppelin rocks the hardest!!!
Quote by Jack_Moch
hey im a christian and id like to comment on Woodnotes cus thats not how real christains act....i mean like the ones who acually care and dont jus go around saying they are....i think our belief is that homosexuals arent like sinners or anything unless the commit acts of homosexuality...i personally believe male and female were created for a reason but im not gonna look down on gays like theyre less cus theyre not....but idk i jus didnt wanna go through a christian bashing.....not sayin you would cus thats true we do get a bad name cus of comments liek that

yeah i understand, i am a christian as well, but id like to think of myself as an open minded christian, meaning i wont look down on people for being different or not fitting in with how some christians think a person should be. its sad how some people act so narrowmindedly in the name of God, but that is a topic for the religion thread...
gear:
epiphone g-400
ibanez jk1

takamine eg 530 sc

planet waves pedal tuner
boss ds-1
It isn't "genetic", from my understanding... A bit like depression, being that there's a neurochemical differentiation between heterosexuality and homosexuality and there's a psychological attitude difference, as well.

I'm supposing it isn't listed as a psychological disorder any more, though, due to the stigma of saying that all gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people are psychologically "different".

My personal view of homosexuality one that isn't quick to judge, but I'm not going to shy away from the question of the biological inability to reproduce. I mean, it just seems more than convenient for heterosexual couples to be capable of mating, in the majority of the situations, without artificial means or a third party.

Of course, then, everyone says that Shakespeare and practically the entire Classical world was either bisexual or completely indiscriminate was to who was involved. However, to this statement, I wonder about the correlation between the economic success and incidents of homosexuality. (Perhaps, if there is a positive relationship, then there's something to be said about curiosity.)
Quote by ~AdNy

Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
Quote by Funkbass796
Hate to say it but you're opinion is dumbfounded.

BAD ENGLISH OVERLOAD

Homosexuality is partly genetic predisposition and partly hormone exposure in the womb. It isn't a choice.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Bisexuality is choice,because you can choose if you want to sleep with a man,or with a woman.

Homosexuality is not a choice,unless you have no choice.
Quote by guitarguy17
So I guess you could say that this is the age old question, is being homosexual related to genetics or is it learned from somewhere. I personally think that it is a genetic trait, you either have it or you don't. Please don't bash on other people, this is all a person's opionion.
-Brian

Well yes it could be genetic I suppose, except HOW THE **** DO YOU INHERIT HOMOSEXUALITY? Think about it.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
Well yes it could be genetic I suppose, except HOW THE **** DO YOU INHERIT HOMOSEXUALITY? Think about it.

There are all kinds of bad genetic diseases you can inherit you dolt.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti

Well,personality is inherited,sexuality aswell.
Quote by Meths
BAD ENGLISH OVERLOAD

wow...i'm a dumbass

Things to come:
Last edited by Funkbass796 at Jan 28, 2007,
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
Well,personality is inherited,sexuality aswell.

Um dude, you haven't given any thought to how this supposed homosexual gene is going to be passed on have you?
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
Um dude, you haven't given any thought to how this supposed homosexual gene is going to be passed on have you?

You're a fool. Read my other post.

Oscar Wilde
Page 1 of 3