So, just curious, but is it harder to play slap and pop on a fretless bass, if possible at all? I imagine it would be harder because there are no frets, but what the hell do I know?
I am Puddin' Taine! of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join!

Member #1 of the Ipods Suck Balls Club

Member #2 Of the Parker>All Other Brands Club, PM dementedpuppy to Join.
I just started trying slap and pop so I'm not that great at it yet but a fretless isn't much different from a bass with frets because it still has the dots just no fret bar. The sound is a little different but playing isn't much harder.
Quote by Caustic
Loviator sounds like a 70's sex toy, probably discontinued and withdrawn from retail due to poor grade rubber being used in construction.

Quote by Stop Messin'
Put the weed in your friends anus, light it, and use his pecker like a bong :O
So you don't have to hit the strings any harder to make them hit the fretboard or anything?

^ nope, and fretless slap is possible, but it won't have the 'twang' of the string snapping at the frets in a pop.
Ah i see. Many thanks.

without the twang and the snapping against the frets it will sound much duller...but it is possible, it would just be more difficult to get a good snappy "normal" slap/pop sound out of it...
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
I've wondered this for a while about fretless: When I play upright, you put your finger right on the spot the note is made from, not in between frets. So when they make a fretless do they have dots of the board/side? Do they adjust it so you place your fingers preciseley where the dots are or where the frets were?
^ yes, you have to put your finger where the fret should be, and some unlined fretless but with dots, the dots are were the fret should be, not in the middle. that's on the ones i've seen, you should always check those little details before you buy
Factory manufactured fretlesses have the dots where the frets should be.
Member #8 of the "I Love Waterbears" club!! PM Phantom lord363 to join

Member #2 of the "I love Mexican food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT
it isnt harder, just sounds a bit meh.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Listen to My Name Is Mud by Primus. That should tell you all you need to know about slap on a fretless.