Firstly, do you think it would be possible to take say an Epi-G400 and turn it into a recreation of Clapton's "The Fool" SG?

If so, how much work would that truely take?
Yeah, I know that. Ed Roman is so overpriced, its not even funny. And i've only been down to Vegas once, and I went into his store having high hopes. Only getting shut down by the prices, and the staff who were such assholes.

I cant stand anything Ed Roman, nor will I ever take part in any of his buisness.

I probably wouldnt be painting it myself, im just wondering if its possible to do such a thing to a guitar already painted in Black or Cherry as they are.
My best piece of advice would be to get an SG body off of www.warmoth.com whatever material you want, and then paint it. It would be a lot safer than possibly ruining a good guitar.
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
Yeah, thats what I was thinking too.

I personally know I would not be able to do a decent job if I painted it myself, so if I found the right person to do it, what price range do you think i'd be in for that type of paint job?
Well for artists with quite a bit of credibility, it will probably be very expensive. Maybe you should look around at an artschool that has someone willing to do that. That would be a stretch considering if they mess up, you are screwed. If you want it cheap, thats the way to go, but if you want to know it will be done great, get a pro to do it.
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
im just wondering if its possible to do such a thing to a guitar already painted in Black or Cherry as they are.

You would have to sand that finish out and paint over the bare wood
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
Firstly, do you think it would be possible to take say an Epi-G400 and turn it into a recreation of Clapton's "The Fool" SG?

If so, how much work would that truely take?

I don't it could be that difficult. Just sand through the nitro (or even the color coat) and have your way with it. I'm not sure if you have to prime it, but I would do it to be on the safe side.

Off Topic: Can I see some pics of your Strat collection?
My Gear:
Fender Japan Strat (80s)
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Goth Explorer (FAV)
Fender HotRod DeVille
Ibanez TS-9
Akai Wah Pedal
Quote by SHANANDO

Seriously, this sounds like a pussy squable from Saved By The Bell or some **** like that.

You could do it, but would require a lot of time spent painting.
Looks like the design might be painted over a white base coat.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
You could do it, but would require a lot of time spent painting.
Looks like the design might be painted over a white base coat.

+1
A lot of time.
Which would make it a little impractical to have someone else do, as well, because of the cost for all the labor