I am a jazz player and was inspired by the sounds of VH, Steve Vai, and Charlie Hunter. I know most of the basic and advance stuff and music analyzing and most technical stuff (more than 1 1/2 year newbie suppose to know).

But I have this problem, every time I string skip or go to another string (either fast or slow) it sounds like I pulled off to an open string, I tried to fix it for the last month but it was no use. I came to the conclusion that maybe it was my crappy guitar (really cheap Carlo Robelli with .13's and really cheap Brownsville .09's electric), but I tried my friend's strat and it came out the same, like pulling off to an open string. I beat myself up over this again again. Can anyone help me.

Too make this clear here is a tabbing of my situation. (x)is that pull off sound

----------------7h8h10---
---7h8h10(x)------------
------------------------------
----------------------------
--------------------------
Last edited by Aznjazz at Jul 18, 2006,
Pull straight off the string. Don't move your finger to perpendicular to the string, or you'll end up picking it. Also, try not to pull off unnecessarily suddenly.

If that doesn't help, try cleaning off whatever tacky substance found its way to your fingertips
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
pull your fingers up and out and dont pull away.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by hoobariffer87
Pull straight off the string. Don't move your finger to perpendicular to the string, or you'll end up picking it. Also, try not to pull off unnecessarily suddenly.

If that doesn't help, try cleaning off whatever tacky substance found its way to your fingertips

Wait my calluses, so i would shed those dead skin cells off, what does perpendicular mean
My Dream Guitars:
ES-335 (jazz) and Les Paul Custom (blues)
Someday..................MAYBE NOT>>>>>HMMMM
Practice muting strings that you don't want to hear. Quiet the heavier gadge strings with your plam and the higher notes with you free fingers on your fingering hand. It isn't the easiest as first but it is worth the practice in the long run.

And perpendicular means at a 90 degree angle, straight off the fretboard.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
Ok one technique you have to learn is muting strings with your palm when your not using them. Especially when you play with distortion.

When you hold your palm over the strings you aren't playing it cancels out a lot of the feedback.

When you want to silence a note just move your palm over the string to mute it out.

But there are certain situations like if your moving down to the bass strings where you will have to move your hand off the strings.

in this case try to pull your finger straight off the string. Your probably accidently plucking it a little bit.
it's not that i meant, aww forget it i'll take care of it myself, i'll ask my mentor about this
My Dream Guitars:
ES-335 (jazz) and Les Paul Custom (blues)
Someday..................MAYBE NOT>>>>>HMMMM
after you pull your finger off the string mute it with either the tip of your fretting hand or the palm of your picking hand.,
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?