No its not really gay, but here we go

I want to buy my ferinds fender and put a humbucker in it. Do i need to carve out the insides and stuff? its a strat. I can do wiring easily, but i dont have the tools to cut up the insides, is there an easier way for this to be done?
interesting, beacuse i want to put one of those gibson humbuckers in it, ya know , not those two snigle coil ones, the one thats just a big rectangle, you knwo what i mean right?
Quote by llanafreak44
interesting, beacuse i want to put one of those gibson humbuckers in it, ya know , not those two snigle coil ones, the one thats just a big rectangle, you knwo what i mean right?

You mean the two single coils with a cover?

Anyway if you check the rout under the pickguard, you can tell if a humbucker can fit in there. It will either be a weird rounded edge triangle, or a rectangle rout.
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
Those two "single coils" are actually a humbucker. They are open humbuckers which the shiney Gibson ones are the same thing, but with a metal covering. Neither is better than the other, it depends on what pickups you are using on how good it sounds. I have a PRS with open-coil humbuckers, that sound way better than the Gibson pickups, to me. Unfortuntly if you want to buy PRS humbucker pickups to put in your guitar, they cost like $201 each.
Cover is mostly cosmetic. Open (uncovered) coils sound just a tad brighter.

And PRS pickups are a TAD more reasonable than that. $110 for open, 120 for nickel covered, 130 for gold covered.
Hi, I'm Peter
punk with a little metal...umm...Duncan Invader, DiMarzio H2N, basically anything with a high-output ceramic magnet.
Hi, I'm Peter