EMG's with a Epiphone SG good idea or not? post your thought and why?
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
It's a good idea as long as you like the sound of them.
My Gear:

Guitars
Squier Affinity Stratocaster w/ SD Hot Rails (Bridge)
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Amps
Peavey Studio Pro 112
VOX AD50VT Valvetronix
Ross Fame Series Bass 50

Effects
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay
I'm no genius but it seems like an alright idea to me what set of EMGs are you looking at?
if you like emgs sure
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
if thats the sound your searching for ive found that gibson/epiphone guitars are pretty versatile
Washburn X50
Peavey Triple XXX
BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer
MXR M-134 Smart Gate
Furman M8
B-52 LG412
make sure you have somewhere to rout the battery.
you might need to build a new cavity.
and some shops wont do it, so it needs to be sent to EMG USA for them to do it. you pay for shipping both ways, and cost of installation and labor, and pickups.

by the end your spending around...300-350 USD.
might as well save for a new guitar that comes with them in it.

but if you can fit the battery, go for it!
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
I want to get a UnderOath kind of distortion
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
Quote by INNOCENT VICTIM
Why not? Iommi does it

no he doesnt.
he uses his own custom gibson pickups.

sorry for double post
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
if you cant get near underoath distortion...mabye you need more effects or a new pedal? Your pickups aren't going to magically change your guitar and make it sound 21037103182038 times better, that's what the effects are for. Pickups do mabye 10%. I've heard the g-400 pups aren't bad, and im sure if you'd get a decent pedal you could get that sound out easily. It'd be very easy to get the new underoath sound just boost alot of the high ends, now older underoath im not sure, just very heavy heavy.

my friend was playing reinventing your exit on a tele....sounded just like it, he just had the pedal and his amp turned right
Last edited by pacoasterrider at Jul 19, 2006,
yea it's mahagony. i would just stick with the original pick-ups and get a good distortion pedal. that what you can still get a good classic rock sound.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
Distortion pedals don't really change your sound. I say go ahead witht he EMG's, your goign to need to cut a whole to put the battery though..........on second thought, try some kind of Dimarzio's or those pig things or whatever they are.
well underoath....dont use to much gain..no need for EMGs.....

Quote by YYZ
Distortion pedals don't really change your sound. I say go ahead witht he EMG's, your goign to need to cut a whole to put the battery though..........on second thought, try some kind of Dimarzio's or those pig things or whatever they are.

umm...distortion pedal do change the sound...ALOT....thats why theres like a billion different kinds of Distortion pedals...and overdrive preamps...

and you probubly wont need to cut a hole for a battery..like 99% of the time they fit in the stock hole....
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Last edited by numbfinger at Jul 19, 2006,
youd want a good amp instead of pickups, but emgs will do fine if you dont wanna spend heaps.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
It's a good idea. I put 81/60 in my Epi Les Paul, heaps better pickups. Just as versatile too if you set them at the right heights. The battery cavity thing isn't really an issue, most technicians will be able to do it easily, my tech put in both pickups and wired the battery for about $80 AU (50US).
Quote by snave2008
i sir totally agree with every word you just said .
EMG's doesnt really shine unless you have a ncie tube amp. Get a new amp before pickups.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
if you really want to change your sound. get a tube amp. stay away from digital amps. they suk.you wont hear much differences in your pickups until you get a nice amp.
Washburn X50
Peavey Triple XXX
BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer
MXR M-134 Smart Gate
Furman M8
B-52 LG412
Quote by ch1pmnk
if you really want to change your sound. get a tube amp. stay away from digital amps. they suk.you wont hear much differences in your pickups until you get a nice amp.

you probably could but they wont sound that great
Quote by pacoasterrider
if you cant get near underoath distortion...mabye you need more effects or a new pedal? Your pickups aren't going to magically change your guitar and make it sound 21037103182038 times better,

Compared to stock Epiphone pickups found in the G400, the EMGs will make a world of difference.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor