heres the deal... the sound on my les paul only works sometimes.. i know its not the cord, because i checked.. it think it has something to to with the hole that i plug the guitar into... it seems to only work when i sort of tilt the cord in one direction.... please help... thank you..
I'd get up, if I knew I fell.
If you unscrew the input jack and pull it out a put, plug the cable in, and you can see where the jack touches the cable. You probably need to adjust it. Sorry I don't know the words. But just look and you'll see wtf I'm talking about.
You might have some loose wires going into your input jack. You might check that out too.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

does the thing plug in the hole in the guitar?

if not then tighten the clip metal peice, or a wire might be undone, simple sodering. I've managed somehow to break my output jack (i dont know how) but i opened it up and the plastic peices were broke and scattered through out my guitar, easy 3$ fix however
is it an epi les paul? i had the same problem with mine.
its the input jack most likely.
id take it to a shop, cause i ****ed mine up.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
haha it certainly does sound like an epi for sure since mine keeps doing that as well. should re-solder the two input jacks to see if it help stop cutting out