Page 1 of 2
Ok... so basically, there are a lot of things that piss me off about people's interpretations of what punk is. I wrote this piece over my frustrations with these ignorant people.... I thought of a lot of lines today, and wrote them down tonight... I edited it down, and I'll probably have to edit some more... crit for crit is cool... tell me what you think.

Punk is dead, or so they say
it's ruined by a bunch of fakes
do you remember back in the day
when punk rock wasn't a cliche?

Since when is emo the same as punk
and why doesn't anyone know
that it's punk because of attitude
not just four chords played in a row

good things can only last so long
soon enough the people that
started it are gone

I hate the people that like to say
that you have to act a certain way
"you aren't punk if you like them...
and where's your uniform anyways"

"major-label, man they sold out"
another example of ignorance
"only my local bands are good"
what stupid narrow-mindedness

good things can only last so long
soon enough the people that
started it are gone

What do you find so wrong
with another non-hardcore song
punk and hardcore are not the same
you aren't as punk as you think anyway
Last edited by a-user-name at Jul 22, 2006,
me, i'm just annoyed that people kiss the asses of the ramones and the sex pistols. the ramones were a ****ing pop band that played faster than usual. they had nothing to say.
doesn't it seem like there were a lot more ramones fans after joey died? same with johnny cash.
remind me to start a mediocre band, then die. it sounds pretty ****ing lucrative to me.
none of that rhymed. i guess that means it wouldn't make a good song.
Quote by gonzosrevenge55
me, i'm just annoyed that people kiss the asses of the ramones and the sex pistols. the ramones were a ****ing pop band that played faster than usual. they had nothing to say.
doesn't it seem like there were a lot more ramones fans after joey died? same with johnny cash.
remind me to start a mediocre band, then die. it sounds pretty ****ing lucrative to me.

I love the ramones... not a big fan of the sex pistols they do bother me with their off-stage stuff.... The ramones invented punk.. yes they were poppy, but they did have some songs with some meaning.. every hardcore and punk band owes something to the ramones.. were they wicked talented, no... they had a lot of limitations, but they made a new sound based on those limitations.. that's why they're awesome. Yes, they did seem to gain fans, that was pretty gay, but didn't nirvana gain a lot of fans after cobain died?? that's what happens sometimes..
Quote by LoudnSnotty138
emo has part in punk, dont be stupid.

that song is a huge cliche and anti-flag is a pop band.

Yea I agree, but you haven't done too bad in putting it together... ...gawd...
Quote by guitar_man_guy
Funniest story ever.

So Im in my room with my girlfriend, and Im getting a blow job (It's like 11 at night, thought everyone was asleep) and my brother opens the door while saying "Duuude you wont believe what I just caught Mom and Dad doing!"
Emo isn't part of punk.. at all.. It took some cues from punk musically. I am not a fan of emo at all, and I know a lot of punk kids truely hate emo. Anti-Flag isn't a pop band, they just aren't that hardcore... that doesn't mean they aren't punk. Also, what makes Anti-Flag great is that they aren't afraid to be critics to the punk scene. Anyways, I made a few minor edits to better express my thoughts, but it's still pretty much the same. Thanks for the crits.
I too feel that punk has lost quite a bit of the unique flavour as it had when the Ramones originally came out. Though emo is really just a branch off of punk that is not very good in my opinion.

As for the song, I think it sounds just fine especially when put to music. I like the idea of settling confusing debates about punk because those are far too common. Good song and I hope it turns out as well as I imagine it will when put to music.
I think it was really well written. Everything flows together well. There is a lot of rhyming,but it wasn't bad in this case! Sounds great. Keep it up
Quote by a-user-name
Emo isn't part of punk.. at all.. It took some cues from punk musically. I am not a fan of emo at all, and I know a lot of punk kids truely hate emo. Anti-Flag isn't a pop band, they just aren't that hardcore... that doesn't mean they aren't punk. Also, what makes Anti-Flag great is that they aren't afraid to be critics to the punk scene. Anyways, I made a few minor edits to better express my thoughts, but it's still pretty much the same. Thanks for the crits.

emo is part of punk its a subgenre, ever hear of the rites of spring they are a very obvious and prime example. Anti-flag is a pop band they moved to a major and play over produced pop music. They have no right to crit any punk scene because they arent a part. They play at large venues. the last time they played a ****ing DIY show was in like '93. Whats this about not hardcore enough? you sound like an idiot hardcore is a genre of music. punk bands dont need to have a touch of hardcore styling to be a punk band.

To tell you the truth your song sucks. you know why? you borrow ideas from ****ing anti-flag( which by the way if you ask anyone whos actually into punk theyll also tell you they are a pop band). nobody wants to hear a punk song about punk is dead blah blah blah. whine about posers blah blah blah. especially when you dont even listen to punk.

How old are you anyway?
Quote by LoudnSnotty138
emo is part of punk its a subgenre, ever hear of the rites of spring they are a very obvious and prime example. Anti-flag is a pop band they moved to a major and play over produced pop music. They have no right to crit any punk scene because they arent a part. They play at large venues. the last time they played a ****ing DIY show was in like '93. Whats this about not hardcore enough? you sound like an idiot hardcore is a genre of music. punk bands dont need to have a touch of hardcore styling to be a punk band.

To tell you the truth your song sucks. you know why? you borrow ideas from ****ing anti-flag( which by the way if you ask anyone whos actually into punk theyll also tell you they are a pop band). nobody wants to hear a punk song about punk is dead blah blah blah. whine about posers blah blah blah. especially when you dont even listen to punk.

How old are you anyway?

you know, I agree with him. As I said above, I only liked it because I could relate. The reason I did not state my actual opinion is because I didn't want to be the bad apple. It is TOO straight forward for me. It has NO figures of speech. It was only good for it was about something true, and I know because I have to deal with it all the time. But now that I think about it he is right, you sound like Anti-Flag. They aren't the original punk. And I know because I was once an imbecile, and listened to Anti-Flag when I was young.
Quote by gonzosrevenge55

Are you stupid???????? Because of the up beat songs The Ramones started a new genre, PUNK. With the new image and up beat songs they brought a great genre of music. And there isn't more Ramones fans just because Joey died, most people looked up to Joey, people liked him because he had a New York accent. They liked him because he had a voice which was unique.

As for the Sex Pistols, they are not a great punk band but still they influence many people today. Mostly the people who want to wake up the original punk and wipe out the pussy bands like Green Day who think they are punk.
First of all, bad song the ryhme scheme changes every 2 seconds. 2nd of all emo is not punk, or a sub genre. Punk is about having a cause, being a movement. Emo literally means "emotive" and is classified by some faggot with a high voice playing acoustic guitar and crying because his girlfriend left him/ he cuts himself, i see no movement or cause or attitude in that. Sex Pistols were agenst brittain, emos are against being happy and not wearing make up. My song : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397641
Last edited by JamesDouglas at Jul 20, 2006,
ok loudnsnotty, you've misunderstood things once again... I know hardcore is it's own genre, everyone does. I never said they needed hardcore stylings in their music to make it punk, genius.. didn't hardcore stem from punk in the first place?? In punk music, there are the pop punk, punk, and hardcore punk bands... by saying they aren't hardcore enough, I'm saying that they're aren't really a HARDCORE punk band... I really couldn't care less about what you say, because you are one of the ignorant people that think you can't be a punk band on a major label. It might make it harder to stay true, but there are plenty of bands that have complete creative freedom in their contracts when they sign on. If you knew anything about Anti-flag, you would know that they have only made ONE record on a major, and most of their songs that commented on some people in the punk scene (captain anarchy, punk by the book, davey destroyed the punk scene) we while they were on an indie label, and they have always been considered an old-school type punk band. Who in the world thinks Anti-flag is original punk anyway? I know that I don't.. As much as I love it, the punk scene is incredibly hypocritical... the people keep saying how their favorite indie bands are so much better than everyone on a major, and then when they sign a deal they all turn their back on the band they loved so much. What kind of fans ditch their band because of a label... I can't say how many times I've seen a band sign on a label and get ripped by fans for selling out, and they album hasn't even been released yet. It's total ignorance. Who are you to say I don't know what punk is, since you know nothing about me besides that I like Anti-Flag? By the way, I didn't borrow the idea from Anti-Flag, it's an idea that I've had since before I started listening to them in the first place.. the only reason I posted it was because the only punk songs i've heard that have commented on punk were from Anti-Flag. You guys trashed the song for being straightforward (which is the point of it), but you still don't understand it. I'm not whining about posers, or saying punk is dead... I believe it's very alive. This song isn't supposed to have figures of speech. The rhyme scheme isn't supposed to stay the same, a lot of songs do it... hmmm, back the "I don't listen to punk" crap... I may not listen to YOUR idea of what punk is, but I don't think YOU know what punk is. I pretty much worship Op Ivy, the ramones, the dead kennedys, and the clash... I love a lot of Rancid's stuff, the misfits, some of AFI's old stuff is incredible, I like NOFX, some of the casualties stuff, some of the suicide machines stuff, the bouncing souls, some of the germs stuff, bad religion, The Vandals are awesome, some vintage pennywise, and there is this little up-and-coming boston punk band called Darkbuster....
Last edited by a-user-name at Jul 20, 2006,
Da Ramones, why didn't you just say you didn't like it... you go from I like it to, I don't think it's good... I'm not going to take it personally or anything, just say it's not your style or whatever you have to say, I'll respect you more if you're honest with it... you won't come off as a bad apple or anything if you crit something and say you don't like it, it IS a criticism. do it constructively if you want... it annoys me that I ask for an honest crit and you say you like it when you really don't... that's the internet for ya..

I found a review on a band called Defiance (a band i've listened to a few times and respect), I found this funny considering the fact that they are listed as one of loudnsnotty's favorite bands...

Portland spiky-haired, studded-leather-clad punks not to be confused with the thrash metal act of the early '90s with the same moniker are on album number three (not including numerous splits, EPs, and compilation appearances), and the band is still unapologetically churning out exactly what you expect: unrelenting punk rock that sounds like G.B.H. if they wanted to be an Oi! band, with leftist dogma that is far more seeped in turn-of-the-millennium American concerns than old-school U.K. sensibilities, à la Anti-Flag. ~ Brian O'Neill, All Music Guide
good for what it is. out of my style, and i cant really help with a crit. you did exactly what you set out to accomplish i think. good job.
Sorry man, but the lyrics themselves are pretty boring. The posts that follow, about what punk is or isn't, are ****ing hilarious...for a while. I could be wrong but I thought this particular forum was for lyrical discussion, not for debating Punk.

But anyway, back to the lyrics...yeah. It's exactly the same as every other song on the topic. You didn't offer anything new or interesting (in fact you came right out and said exactly what you were thinking)...sorry, I just can't think of anything helpful to say. Keep writing and try a little subtlety.
Quote by AmishPhonebooks
Sorry man, but the lyrics themselves are pretty boring. The posts that follow, about what punk is or isn't, are ****ing hilarious...for a while. I could be wrong but I thought this particular forum was for lyrical discussion, not for debating Punk.

But anyway, back to the lyrics...yeah. It's exactly the same as every other song on the topic. You didn't offer anything new or interesting (in fact you came right out and said exactly what you were thinking)...sorry, I just can't think of anything helpful to say. Keep writing and try a little subtlety.

It is hilarious.. I wish it hadn't turned into that.. it all started with the guy bashing the ramones.. I guess I probably shouldn't list a band that has a song that relates to it, since it creates bad reactions from people and they think i borrow the idea. Thanks for the honest crit, and I understand where you are coming from. I just want to point out that I'm just starting to write songs that I show people... well at least people online, since I don't think I'd show them to my friends. Since I'm new, I appreciate all the crit you guys are nice enough to give me, since it'll make me better and think about things. I don't agree with you on the song completely though... yes there are a few songs similar to it, no it's not the most interesting song. But, I said this in a crit for someone else's song... you can only judge a song based on what it's supposed to be. Please, take it for what it is.. This is just supposed to be a song based on how I view things. Subtlety wouldn't work for this song at all.. please take that into consideration. But still, thanks for your opinion, and thanks most of all for geing honest about it.
Quote by a-user-name

Emo is a HUGE part of punk.

Emo aint My Chemical MTV Cronies.

Emo is Hardcore punk that has Emotional lyrics. The genre died in the 80's.

Emo: Rites of Spring, Fugazi, Jets to Brazil

Not Emo: Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Dashboard Confessional.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
That part of emo stemmed from punk, they played punkish songs. What makes music punk is all the attitude IMO, cause that's the whole idea of punk. Emo doesn't really share the same ideals as punk does. Sure, you could take the vocals away and you couldn't pick the punk from the emo in many cases. If anything, I think, your statement is backwards... punk is a HUGE part of emo. Punk predates it.... punk is punk. Emo is emotional music that often has punk characteristics, but the message is different. I agree with you 100% that most of the bands labeled as emo aren't really emo, and the genre as it started died in the 80's. I want to make clear that in the song I'm referring to different people's perspectives though, so it's what most people make out to be emo. I know that no genre can suck as bad as emo appears to, it's just not possible.. When I mention emo, in anything, I am talking about modern day emo... the less-inspired, incredibly horrible immitation of it. I hope that clears things up. Since this seems to be an issue, please think about different thoughts behind my lyrics, since people seem to never quite grasp my thoughts even though I haven't posted anything that confusing. I've pretty much accepted that with how I write songs that some will like it and some will HATE it. That's cool though.

P.S., that op ivy thing is sick man... a great example of REAL punk
Quote by a-user-name

I found a review on a band called Defiance (a band i've listened to a few times and respect), I found this funny considering the fact that they are listed as one of loudnsnotty's favorite bands...

Portland spiky-haired, studded-leather-clad punks not to be confused with the thrash metal act of the early '90s with the same moniker are on album number three (not including numerous splits, EPs, and compilation appearances), and the band is still unapologetically churning out exactly what you expect: unrelenting punk rock that sounds like G.B.H. if they wanted to be an Oi! band, with leftist dogma that is far more seeped in turn-of-the-millennium American concerns than old-school U.K. sensibilities, à la Anti-Flag. ~ Brian O'Neill, All Music Guide

The band i like is called 'Defiance, Ohio' I ****ing hate defiance. nice try though

Quote by JamesDouglas
First of all, bad song the ryhme scheme changes every 2 seconds. 2nd of all emo is not punk, or a sub genre. Punk is about having a cause, being a movement. Emo literally means "emotive" and is classified by some faggot with a high voice playing acoustic guitar and crying because his girlfriend left him/ he cuts himself, i see no movement or cause or attitude in that. Sex Pistols were agenst brittain, emos are against being happy and not wearing make up. My song : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397641

Ive never heard an acoustic emo band. Anything i listen to is fast and angry and if its slow its introspective not whiney. emo/screamo is not whiney, its usually just very smart and can also be political.

Quote by JohnnyNapalm
Emo is a HUGE part of punk.

Emo aint My Chemical MTV Cronies.

Emo is Hardcore punk that has Emotional lyrics. The genre died in the 80's.

Emo: Rites of Spring, Fugazi, Jets to Brazil

Not Emo: Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Dashboard Confessional.

Your right about everything but the emo is dead thing. because there are still a ton of great bands today.

Quote by a-user-name
but I don't think YOU know what punk is. I pretty much worship Op Ivy, the ramones, the dead kennedys, and the clash... I love a lot of Rancid's stuff, the misfits, some of AFI's old stuff is incredible, I like NOFX, some of the casualties stuff, some of the suicide machines stuff, the bouncing souls, some of the germs stuff, bad religion, The Vandals are awesome, some vintage pennywise, and there is this little up-and-coming boston punk band called Darkbuster....

Your on the tip of the ****ing iceberg buddy dont tell me i dont know what punk is. You listened to bands i grew out of in 7th grade. You only named extremely famous punk bands. If thats what your into you obviously havent been into punk long enough cause theres a lot more and better **** than those bands( which were all either pop-punk or overrated)
Last edited by LoudnSnotty138 at Jul 21, 2006,
extremely famous eh? Someone is a little too obsessed with the underground I think. You know, I'm pretty sure that a lot of the bands you look up to like some of the same old-school punk that I do, since that's what they grew up on. Underground is good and all, but you know what happens to the good underground bands right??? come on... they... get bigger. Then they become as you say "wicked famous", and the next wave of people like you say they have no talent and that there are whey better bands than those ***** ones you listed. It's a vicious cycle. I didn't mention all the punk bands I know of, or come close to listening to.... relax man. Punk is punk, it doesn't have to be wicked underground to be punk. I said I don't think you know punk, cause you have the reasoning that it HAS to be underground or it's no good... the ramones were huge, but you can't say anything about them at all cause they invented it. I also hate how you say extremely famous punk bands, cause it's not like they're wicked famous in reality, just to someone who lives in the underground world... yes, AFI is famous.. now. Bad Religion is a great band, they are intellectuals. Op Ivy, I have a friend that is like you, and she didn't know Op Ivy. They are awesome, and the fact they wrote those songs when they were in and coming out of HIGH SCHOOL makes them legendary. They were an underground band, they broke up because of the pressures of staying local... they were to their generation what your bands are to you, so don't talk crap about them. They got famous over time, because they are that good. And darkbuster, that's one band I listed that certainly is not famous or overrated (since few know of them). As for the defiance thing... damn, I thought I had you.. haha. People have different tastes, and to say that their music is crap just because you don't like it isn't correct.... are you going to say the beatles are crap? They're the most influential band ever, and probably the best as well. Are they my favorite, no. Are they close, not really. I rarely listen to them, but I have a tremendous amount of respect for them... you can like your screamo and emo, i can like my traditional punk rock. I'm not insulting you're underground emo, some of them are talented.. certainly more than the crap on tv. I hate that stuff.. it's all image. Anyways, to each his own.
Last edited by a-user-name at Jul 21, 2006,
On the lyrics...

Well, the rhyming and rhythm just aren't there.

I can't comment on the punk/not punk stuff, but as far as I'm concerned, this song just seems like hair-metal fodder from the 80s; when every song was about rocking out or rock. It's about punk, and it just describes the way you feel about punk.

And not to be an elitist... But punk was never supposed to be a movement, because punk is anti-movement. Punk grew as a total antithesis of the Prog Rock stylings of the 60s and 70s, which claimed to be a movement. That is why punk isn't about being a movement; it's about making music without spending twenty minutes on the organ, pheramin and cowbell solo in the middle of the instrumental track about the passage of the rites of Aquarius on the seventh moon of the sixteenth year.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
^ punk was a movement of it's own, in the fact that they were very anti-establishment. Punk was also a movement cause they stripped rock to it's bare components, and played things much faster than before. Punk was fast, anti-establishment, and humorous.. all depending on what band your talking about of course. Punk is not anti-movement, but I do agree that punk was not supposed to be a movement. haha, i like the cowbell solo, reminds me of SNL... hair-metal fodder?? Come on man... it's not "I want to rock!".. haha.
Punk became a movement, but unlike the likes of Prog Rock, which felt that it had to become a movement, punk's essential ethic was not to become a movement so much as to just BE music.

It's one step short of "I Want To Rock"; it's basically saying "I Want To Be A Punk" and then talking about Punk.

Punk should not be a movement, because it's not about playing faster or playing things that hadn't been done before; it is not about having a central philosophy which it follows, rather it is a rejection of the values which had become prevalent at the time.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
i agree with you on the whole basic idea behind punk not being what it used to be, and not it's more a cliche than anything. But my point of view is....why does it have to be punk, why does it need a label. Why can't music be music. I hate labels so much, but I guess without them I couldn't be a "hardcore kid" now could I?
Run, Run Farmer. Screaming! Bloody Murder
The daughters of question have been murdered!
Murdered! Murdered!
you misunderstand the song... that's ok. I don't want to be known as a punk, I like punk rock. I like grunge. I like some metal. I like some alternative and more experimental stuff. I don't want to be identified with one thing, then there's no mold to be set into. It's a commentary of mine on my distaste for how some people think... not wanting to be known as punk. I love punk, it's the first type of music I was obsessed with. I don't like it when people rip a band just cause of a label, or because they have a song that isn't hard enough, or whatever excuse they come up with. That's what the song is about... my frustrations with people that can't see punk for what it is, not me wanting to fit in with all the punk kids... I'm already good friends with some of them. Punk's ethic was to make their own style of music, to do whatever the hell they wanted, and to question things... they did it, it caught on... anyways, I'd like it if the comments on here could be limited to being about the song and it's lyrics.
Quote by Schizopathic
i agree with you on the whole basic idea behind punk not being what it used to be, and not it's more a cliche than anything. But my point of view is....why does it have to be punk, why does it need a label. Why can't music be music. I hate labels so much, but I guess without them I couldn't be a "hardcore kid" now could I?

I hate labeling things as well, it prevents things from growing. I'm not saying label it as punk music. I'm saying recognize what really has the punk attitude, and stop ruining the good name.
Quote by da ramones
Are you stupid???????? Because of the up beat songs The Ramones started a new genre, PUNK. With the new image and up beat songs they brought a great genre of music. And there isn't more Ramones fans just because Joey died, most people looked up to Joey, people liked him because he had a New York accent. They liked him because he had a voice which was unique.

As for the Sex Pistols, they are not a great punk band but still they influence many people today. Mostly the people who want to wake up the original punk and wipe out the pussy bands like Green Day who think they are punk.

i really don't care who influenced who. they were a crappy band. i think i like about two of their songs. green day's been around a few years, and they've influenced tons of people. guess what...they still suck.
besides, anyone who listened to the new york dolls or velvet underground could've done the same.
Quote by LoudnSnotty138

How old are you anyway?

ok. i'll be the first to say that anti-flag suck (seriously, how many fascists does this guy run into walking down the street in a day?). but whatever. having a few fans doesn't make you a pop band. i honestly can't remember the last time i saw a britney spears fan rocking out to anti-flag. i'd agree if you called them a boring, predictable, talentless punk band. but give the man some credit, one mohawk wasn't EXTREME enough for anti-flag. you're a poser unless you've got three at once.
and i'll agree that nobody wants to hear songs about posers and how much fallout boy blows. but we don't want to hear some crochety old douchebag doing the same on an internet forum. i don't care if you're right (half the time).

now, onto the lyrical crit (since i didn't really do it last time)...one of my co-workers spits out worse lyrics on a regular basis...they could be worse. but overall, not so hot. nothing that hasn't been said a million times before.
please keep this on topic guys; we're discussing the lyrics written here; not which band is better, or what emo is or isn't or whether the ramones suck or not
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Quote by StaggHound
Punk became a movement, but unlike the likes of Prog Rock, which felt that it had to become a movement, punk's essential ethic was not to become a movement so much as to just BE music.

It's one step short of "I Want To Rock"; it's basically saying "I Want To Be A Punk" and then talking about Punk.

Punk should not be a movement, because it's not about playing faster or playing things that hadn't been done before; it is not about having a central philosophy which it follows, rather it is a rejection of the values which had become prevalent at the time.

exactly. i always saw punk rock as just doing what you want musically, usually with the intention of pissing people off.
by that logic, fallout boy make music they want to make, it pisses off just about everyone in this forum, they're punk rock.
the boundaries that have been erected just serve to stifle creativity and force talented musicians to forever work retail so they can stay local. but i guess that's because posers started coming out of the woodwork right after the sex pistols "created" punk rock (i'm using this as an example, because it's the earliest incidence that i know of that has documented proof of poserdom). almost immediately, crappy bands got started, and kids put safety pins through their cheeks because they heard on the news that that was what punks did.
um, did you not see my post lol.
anyone else psot offtopic and i shall warn.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
This song is rather straightforward for my taste, and doesn't put forth any interesting ideas, just the same sentiments kicked around by twenty-first century "REAL PUNX" kids sick of the commercialism of a genre that at one time possessed some artistic merit.

The construction is fairly well done. I suppose for what it is, a punk song about the death of real punk, it's fairly good. However, I really doubt I would ever want to listen to it.

P.S. Jallas--I'm still reeling from the fact that you closed my translation thread. To translate a poem from another language takes not only linguistic knowledge but also a poetic voice. People were giving me very helpful feedback, and the thread had a very polite tone. I think those considerations should have been taken into account as well as the sticky issue of whether a translation is an original work. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I just had to make my case.

jallas edit: it wans't me i don't think, although yes me and pooch both discussed it. the fact of the matter is, you didn't write it to begin with. i know it takes a lot of skill to translate work either from your own language or into your own language; i do it nearly every flipping day. i'm just saying, if i translate some jean-paul sartre for my coursework or whatever, i can't pass it off as my own work. even if i spent 4 hours translating a single paragraph so that it was perfectly and exactly right and stuff, it's still Sartre's work. not mine. and this forum has the rule that works posted here 'msut be your own'. i appreciate the fact you are usuing linguistic skills to translate and interpret work. but i jsut don't think that it should count. i'm sorry.
Page 1 of 2