Page 1 of 2
Ok so i Bought an Ibanez S470DXQM about a month ago, and i was really atarting to enjoy it, it was becoming part of me, and then the other day, i show it to this guy, and hes like "Dude, do you Know there's a Crack right here?" and he pointed to a spot where the neck joins to the guitar, on the top cut out. I had thought that it was just a finish flaw, but it wasnt and the crack had started to separate. So I took it to where i got it, and they were all ready set to give me a new guitar. But then None of their stores have it, and it might take between a week and four months to get a guitar like it from where ever Ibanez is made. So I start checking out guitars at the store, and im talkin to the guy about this jackson, and then i go " Oh, crap I put Strap Locks on it." the guy looks at me and says "did you put them on by yourself?" and i was like "yeah" and then he told me it voided my waranty. And i go "what?" Then he says that he'll talk to his boss, but his boss wont be back until a few days. So a few days later he calls and says the boss is alright with taking it back, but he wants to get the ibanez rep to look at it. So they cal the rep and he says that they have to send it to New York, and i live in california. So here it is , i get a new guitar , nad a month later, its in New York, and im out a guitar and $650.

So whats your Story, Let us here.
Quote by pinheadslts75
My right hand fell in love with my penis once. Then the right hand realized the penis slept with the left one too. Things are akward in the bedroom nowadays.
you know you couldve taken the strap locks off and put the other buttons on. i dont have any horror stories tho
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
my cat knocked my guitar off the wall and snapped the neck in half on the fall
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
One day i went into SAMS and purchased a Starcaster................. :O
we must become the change we want to see.
well i had already told the guy about the locks,but he couldve been cool and let me slide you know??
Quote by pinheadslts75
My right hand fell in love with my penis once. Then the right hand realized the penis slept with the left one too. Things are akward in the bedroom nowadays.
Quote by Out_Of_Exile
One day i went into SAMS and purchased a Starcaster................. :O

This one wins...

ROFL
I was tuning my classical guitar on a campout when the headstock suddenly snapped in two. That was scary and disappointing to say the least.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

I have dropped my guitars a few times. But a new guitar a got has a bunch of buzz frets so its gonna cost like 50$ to repair
Quote by furniturepolish
guitar spin off my shoulder into the wall. . it didnt matter though it was my sisters

/fake
Quote by furniturepolish
guitar spin off my shoulder into the wall. . it didnt matter though it was my sisters

No! It doesn't matter who's guitar it is. It is still a sin to damage a guitar!!!
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

I don't think I really have any horror stories, thankfully. The worst Ive done to my instruments was drop them, and accidently hit them on the ceiling. Also to #1 nirvana fan/flyingjew34 : that sucks.
Quote by Chevelle454
my cat knocked my guitar off the wall and snapped the neck in half on the fall

dude your guitar got owned.
OMG you admitted to liking korn and soad, you better delete that before some of the metal heads come in riding there new ego fueled cars to bitch you out .

#7 Member of "The Mars Volta Fan Club"
ya the guy at guitar center shouldve just let you go home and put the original buttons on instead of causing all that trouble for it
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
It didn't happen to me but...
My friend's friend acciedentally dropped his guitar down the stairs
Two years ago, I borrowed my Grandma's guitar. It was a really old acoustic that needed repairs, but I needed a nice guitar to play for when I sold my electric. Well, I took it to a shop and got a new saddle and some strings, which cost me about $40. I went out to my ousin's house to jam and hang out, and when I set it down for the night by the couch, I heard the guitar fall down. Well,as anyone would be, I was already pissed that it fell. Well, when I went to pick it up, I discovered that the headstock had completely broken away from the neck. So, to put a long story short, I was fucked out of 40 bucks, and I had to explain the guitar to my Grandma.

But, I still haven't told her about it. Soo, I have yet to see how that will play out.
Quote by furniturepolish
fake? the straplocks ripped out because it wasnt the right thread

Doesn't matter.

It still wouldn't have the momentum to impale a wall.
Quote by DUP3R
Doesn't matter.

It still wouldn't have the momentum to impale a wall.

well you were there wernt you
omg the first day i got my guitar i was sitting on the floor in my bedroom next to my dresser and of course i had it with me, then all of a sudden a video tape falls off the dresser and lands on the guitar and put a ding in it, and no one hit the dresser and the tape was pushed back so it couldn't fall so if anyone has any idea how it fell please tell me..
n·to Audio pronunciation of "into" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nt)
prep.

1. To the inside or interior of: went into the house.

Say something else, then.
I'm paying a luthier $50 an hour to get my guitar fixed. I only realized today that I could have done it myself.
Well in December 2005 I got my Epiphone Custom and when I got it it was buzzed like no other guitar I have ever played. When I took it to the guitar store to get it fixed I had to wait a week so they could fix so whatever. Then when I went back I tried the guitar it was fine. Then after a week with it it had the same damn buzz in the same fret. Then I took it back told the guy he didnt do it right then he redid it.
that sucks! if you send it out...you wont be seeing that baby for about a month.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
I have always wanted an IC400 Iceman, so for my birthday I told my mom about it and she said she'd get it. She went on Ebay and bought and Iceman, just the wrong and cheaper version. I got the guitar case and was so excited. I opened it and was excited / disappointe beyond belief at the same time. I still like it and it sounds good, but it isn't the IC400.

Heres my friends' story.

He ordered an Ibanez IC400 from a local store in April. It STILL hadn't shiped in June and Ibanez said it'd be there latest June 30. Well here comes July and it wasn't in. It FINALLY comes in on July 12, but lo and behold, UPS had damaged the guitar and broken the case it was shipped it. So it had to be sent back. He waited 3 months just so he could get a broken Iceman. He still doesn't have his Iceman.
well my frend brings his jackson to school and lets me play around with it, i had practiced a few guitar swings b4 and told him i culd do it, so he let me. while im doin the swing, the strap rips off..guitar lands on concrete floor.

end of story
Quote by DUP3R
This one wins...

ROFL

Worst $200 dollars EVER SPENT.
had i know of Agile and SX before hand......i would totally have a Telecaster ive been wanting for a long time.
we must become the change we want to see.
So today, the guy calls mwe and says i have to pay shipping. Now, im ok with that, but the fact that its almost been a week since he said it would be a week until i got my guitar back.

this is so discouraging, i dont think i ever want to buy another guitar. Maybe ill just have one made custom from a luthier, instead of one off the shelf.
Quote by pinheadslts75
one time i was using my brothers '74 american strat, with a floyd rose , or somthing like a fine tuner, i was in his room and i looked down at the fine tuner and i thought i saw a crack, so i lift the guitar body up to my eyes to take a closer look and i forgot the f...ing fan was on, so fan blades hit the headstock like 5 times, the neck flew off. OMFG im in trouble

just kidding the neck didnt fly off, but the rest did happen lol
Bought an Ibanez RG350DX. Got home and I snapped a string. Put new strings on. Snapped most of them with in 4 days. Put another set on. They all snapped in 1 week. Took the guitar back. 4 weeks later I picked it up again. THE SAME STRING BREAKING PROBLEM! So then I went straight to the Ibanez repairman (he also designed most of the Ashton guitars) and he fixed it and set it up beautifuly. He said that he didn't think the shop had even tried to fix the guitar the first time I took it back.
My mate had an Original Strat '67 and it was in absolute raw mint condition, he took it to a Gig in the Gig bag and had to drive up a huge hill with all the gear in the back of the van, My frend chucks his empty bottle in the back, knocking over the cymbal, which opened the back (didn't lock it properly) the strat, leaning agains the door, rolls all the way down the hill in its gigbag, on a tarmac road. It chewed through the bag, and well you can probably work out the rest.
Well, I had my first guitar for like, 3-4 years, and I had finally decided to get a BC Rich Bich. I had played it alot and I liked how it felt, so I was going to get it. The only problem was, I had a money flow problem. I was only 14 at the time, so I only had $200 (The guitar was $400 at the time, and now it's $250. That really pissed me off).

So one day I was with my dad at Guitar Center playing it, and I was like "Man, it's going to take me forever to get this guitar." And by a stroke of luck, my dad said he'd pay for half of it, but I'd have to pay him back with whatever money I got. I thought this was extrememly crazy because my dad never does this kind of stuff.

Anyway, we get the guitar, travel ALL the way back to our house, which was far off. I go to plug it in...and it doesn't work. I sat there for 20 minutes trying to play it, but no, it was a defect. So we had to go back AGAIN to Guitar Center to get a non-defect. The guy plugged the guitar up to an amp and it still didn't work, so he told us to hold on, and he'd grab one from the back.

He came back and told us he didn't have anymore. Now, keep in mind, my mom is a horrible driver, so it took us just a freaking hour to get to Guitar Center (It usually takes 30 minutes or more). So, we have to travel through traffic in Dallas, go ALL the way to Plano, and after missing a few streets, we get to the Plano Guitar Center. And after we get it, the guy tries to get my mom to buy guitar stuff for me, and she'll buy it. She's kind of a spender, but not that bad.

FINALLY, 3-4 hours later, we come back home with a new guitar. That day sucked.
One of my friends got extremley drunk at a party and manged to spill a pint of beer in the side hole of Gibson 335..... luckily it all went in the hole so we he made his escape without capture.
Not really a horror story but i was at long and maquade and i got a RG1570 from the top rack and my friend wanted to try it so i let him and when he tried to put it back the guitar dropped and he had to pay for the damagesdone to the guitar(a huge chip ate the top) and pedal(just a minor chip). i ran outside as fast as I could.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Page 1 of 2