alright heres my story:

I was hanging out with my music teacher at luch last year and we started talking about music (she listens to all the same stuff i do, we switch cd's a lot). she asked if I had ever played an instrument and I told her "no", she asked if there was any I wanted to learn and I said yeah, the electric guitar. She said she plays acoustic guitar and would be willing to give me lessons. I barrowed an acoutic guitar (cant remember the brand name but googling it didnt bring anything up. it was a decent guitar though).

for that year I took lessons three times a week for about an hour and was getting pretty good playing thing on the acoutic. she taught me to read music aswell as tab, some scales and a little bit of music theory aswell as fingerpicking. when school ended my parents decided to get me a guitar for my grades (and so I'd have something to do over the summer). we went to a guitar shop like an hour away from us and looked at a few things. I played a few of them commenting on how wierd they felt in comparison to the acoutics i'd been playing. the sales guy said "dont worry about it they're basically the same. you'll adjust to the smaller neck easier than if you were going from an electric to an acoustic". so I bought a epiphone G-400 and the guy gave me a great deal on a Peavey studio pro 112 amp (it was 160 but because of some dents and a broken wire (I replaced these wires) I got it for 80 w/ a warrenty.

however I got home and now I'm stuck. the songs I had been playing just dont sound good on an electic. I have no idea where to start. we have no place around that offers lessons either! what should I do? I dont know what a hammer or a pulloff is. when I bend notes they just sound flat

Help?
well, go through all the basics pages on this site.

Hammer ons and pulloffs are like slurs. You play a note and then fret up or down without picking again.
try your bridge pickup it sounds twangier. play clean instead of distorted if you're not already doing that, it'll ease you into the sound of electric guitars instead of going from acoustic to distortion. make sure the settings on your amp are correct with the EQ and make sure the tone knobs are up on your guitar. hopefully that helps?
Hammer On=Plucking a note but playing another one by striking the other fret with your finger to make the sound.

Pull Off=Opposite of a hammer on, you pull off (release your finger) off of the note and it should make the note below it make sound. Tip: As you pull off, do it with a downward motion.

Get a P2P program and download some songs from bands that you like. Get tabs from this site for the songs you would like to learn and you're set.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
that does help actually!

I';ve been playing with the knobs and effects to make it sound as much like an acoustic as possible (making the songs for electric guitar sound that much worse LOL)

I am playing on clean but Im not sure what pickup to use. there are three options rythm (WTF?) or Treble (again WTF?) aswell as both (what ive been playing)
Rhythm gives you more of a bassy, low, warm sound. Treble gives you more of a trebly, high, bright sound.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
Quote by Jerb
alright heres my story:

I was hanging out with my music teacher at luch last year and we started talking about music (she listens to all the same stuff i do, we switch cd's a lot). she asked if I had ever played an instrument and I told her "no", she asked if there was any I wanted to learn and I said yeah, the electric guitar. She said she plays acoustic guitar and would be willing to give me lessons. I barrowed an acoutic guitar (cant remember the brand name but googling it didnt bring anything up. it was a decent guitar though).

for that year I took lessons three times a week for about an hour and was getting pretty good playing thing on the acoutic. she taught me to read music aswell as tab, some scales and a little bit of music theory aswell as fingerpicking. when school ended my parents decided to get me a guitar for my grades (and so I'd have something to do over the summer). we went to a guitar shop like an hour away from us and looked at a few things. I played a few of them commenting on how wierd they felt in comparison to the acoutics i'd been playing. the sales guy said "dont worry about it they're basically the same. you'll adjust to the smaller neck easier than if you were going from an electric to an acoustic". so I bought a epiphone G-400 and the guy gave me a great deal on a Peavey studio pro 112 amp (it was 160 but because of some dents and a broken wire (I replaced these wires) I got it for 80 w/ a warrenty.

however I got home and now I'm stuck. the songs I had been playing just dont sound good on an electic. I have no idea where to start. we have no place around that offers lessons either! what should I do? I dont know what a hammer or a pulloff is. when I bend notes they just sound flat

Help?

why didnt you buy a acoustic guitar, try putting on your neck pup it should kinda sound like an acoustic i guess, google guitar lessons online ive found some great ones
Quote by Jerb
that does help actually!

I';ve been playing with the knobs and effects to make it sound as much like an acoustic as possible (making the songs for electric guitar sound that much worse LOL)

I am playing on clean but Im not sure what pickup to use. there are three options rythm (WTF?) or Treble (again WTF?) aswell as both (what ive been playing)

if you want it to sound as close to an acoustic as possible probly use the rythm one, and mess around with the tones knobs.