basically EVERY guitar on the jackson roster list is a bolt on neck.
im not a fan.
but since thats just about all they have, are jackson bolt ons better than say...and epi bolt on, or schecter, etc.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by xsynysterx06
basically EVERY guitar on the jackson roster list is a bolt on neck.
im not a fan.
but since thats just about all they have, are jackson bolt ons better than say...and epi bolt on, or schecter, etc.

whats wrong with schecter bolt ons? i was thinking about getting a cecter damian 7 string guitar... thats a bolt on.
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
Theres no difference on sound. If you get a bolt-on and the neck breaks its easier to replace. But on a glued its going to take a luthier to fix the neck and put it back together. So no sound difference.
nothing is wrong...it was question ...are jackson bolt ons BETTER than other brands bolt on..since there are so many jackson bolt ons...i thought they were something special..get it?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by Pantera2589
Theres no difference on sound. If you get a bolt-on and the neck breaks its easier to replace. But on a glued its going to take a luthier to fix the neck and put it back together. So no sound difference.

sorry for double post.
so basically...its the same, except for 4 bolts?
i thought the sustain was affected.

edit..nvm wasnt a double post.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by Pantera2589

no thats not right, neck thru guitars generally have much longer sustain than bolt on necks do and a warmer tone.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez SZ, RG w/ Dimarzio Super Distortion and PAF Pro
Marshall JCM2000 head 1960 Cab
and many pedals...

www.adamcutrone.com
^i make art
Quote by DUP3R
Soloist.

EDIT: And there's nothing wrong with Bolt-Ons...

hahaha thread maker= Pnwed
Quote by xxadamnxx
no thats not right, neck thru guitars generally have much longer sustain than bolt on necks do and a warmer tone.

thats what i thought.
but i cant find many jacksons with two humbuckers, a floyd rose, AND a setneck/neck thru.
im looking at used stuff.
should i settle with a bolt on..or look around more at different brands and guitars.
it needs to have an FR, dual hum., etc. (metalish guitar)
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
You're not gonna find a neck-through for cheap you know.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
In terms of sustain, going from most sustain to least sustain

Neck-thru
Set-neck
Bolt-on

If I were you I would go with either a Schecter C1 Hellraiser or an ESP MH-400, if you don't like the trem on the ESP you can buy an original and swap it.
im willing to spend up to maybe 500 USD.

whats the difference between liscensed floyds and OFR's?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by JaredF
you fag, what do you have aginst bolt ons. sounds like you have a medicore knowledge and idea about guitars, and you dont even know the difference(besides the obvious) between bolt ons and thrus- i bet you just think they suck since they look cheaper, that they suck. go blow a hyena you whale

hahhaa funny kid arent cha?!

i have a bolt on and a set neck.
i know the difference.
thats what i have against bolt ons.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by xsynysterx06

i know the difference.

then again your bolt-on came in the form of an epi les paul special so shut your mouth about bolt ons until you have tried Caparison guitars since theyve got bolt on necks as well but have amazing fret access due to their heel cut.

Quote by xsynysterx06
im willing to spend up to maybe 500 USD.

whats the difference between liscensed floyds and OFR's?

look at the rg570 or the rg1570 on ebay.

licenced use the ofr design but change it to claim that its not an ofr to avoid any lawsuits of any kind.
Quote by xxadamnxx

The sustain I understand, but a warmer tone? Seems more wood dependant that construction...
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Remember: Fender owns Jackson so that might explain alot because alot of Fender's have bolt-on necks also...
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
Quote by YYZ
In terms of sustain, going from most sustain to least sustain

Neck-thru
Set-neck
Bolt-on

It is entirely debatable as to whether there's any difference in sustain at all, as far as i'm aware there is no concrete proof for it and it's mainly a matter of opinion and differentiates between one guitar to the next, even if they're the same model from the same batch.
Quote by codybcool
It is entirely debatable as to whether there's any difference in sustain at all, as far as i'm aware there is no concrete proof for it and it's mainly a matter of opinion and differentiates between one guitar to the next, even if they're the same model from the same batch.

well neck thru has the longer sustain but set neck and bolt on are very much debatable
Quote by Pantera2589

ya d00d leik cuz i broke my neck leik 3 times just last we3k!1

I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

Quote by xxadamnxx

Warmer tone? No, longer sustain? Yes.

Coming from the owner of a neck-thru
Jackson RR3 most of the USA models are all Neck Thru you just have to know what your looking for. and bolt ons arent bad its mainly just preference and i understand i dont prefer bolts one either i prefer Neck thrus. but just because a guitar is a bolt on you shouldnt write it off. Ibanez RGs are amazing guitars and most of them are Bolt on as well as Caparisons are amazing also bolt on. But for your preference look at some Schecter Hellraiser seems to be just what your looking for
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
Jackson RR3 most of the USA models are all Neck Thru you just have to know what your looking for. and bolt ons arent bad its mainly just preference and i understand i dont prefer bolts one either i prefer Neck thrus. but just because a guitar is a bolt on you shouldnt write it off. Ibanez RGs are amazing guitars and most of them are Bolt on as well as Caparisons are amazing also bolt on. But for your preference look at some Schecter Hellraiser seems to be just what your looking for

ah yes but Caparisons have their heel cuts like those found on neck-thru jacksons while their bolt ons dont so their.
I Know im just trying to state a point that bolt ons arent bad some are really good like the Caparisons and RGs
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by JaredF
you fag, what do you have aginst bolt ons. sounds like you have a medicore knowledge and idea about guitars, and you dont even know the difference(besides the obvious) between bolt ons and thrus- i bet you just think they suck since they look cheaper, that they suck. go blow a hyena you whale

I was asleep, since I'm dead sick, but thankfully nobody got to it before I did - sigged like HELL. Ignorance is so cute, it makes me tingly all over!
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Quote by Syn Harvest
I Know im just trying to state a point that bolt ons arent bad some are really good like the Caparisons and RGs

well then again Caparison are godly like and well jackson well im not going to say anything
what's the diference between neck-thru, set-neck and bolt-on???
With a neckthru construction, the neck runs the entire length of the guitar, through the body.

Set neck and bolt on construction - the neck is jointed to the guitar where it first intersects the body. The difference is on a set neck, the neck is glued to the body. In a bolt on, the neck is bolted to the body.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Neck joint types shouldn't even be a real consideration when buying a quality guitar. A good quality bolt-on (ie Ibanez, Fender, Jackson) will sustain and sound better than a low end set neck or neck thru guitar. It's all about construction and quality, not joint type.

That being said, if you do have 2 'identical' models that offer different joint types - for example, an ESP KH-2, then generally, the neck thru will provide better sustain and easier upper fret access.

But in general, the only thing you should consider in terms of neck joint is how bulkyu it is and how easily you can access upper frets.

Quote by xsynysterx06

i know the difference.

No. You have a shìtty low end Epi Special II starter guitar that would still be a piece of junk even if it was neck thru, and your comparing it to a good mid to high range Schecter. That's apples and oranges dude. The comparison doesn't hold any water.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Crunchmeister
Neck joint types shouldn't even be a real consideration when buying a quality guitar. A good quality bolt-on (ie Ibanez, Fender, Jackson) will sustain and sound better than a low end set neck or neck thru guitar. It's all about construction and quality, not joint type.

That being said, if you do have 2 'identical' models that offer different joint types - for example, an ESP KH-2, then generally, the neck thru will provide better sustain and easier upper fret access.

But in general, the only thing you should consider in terms of neck joint is how bulkyu it is and how easily you can access upper frets.

No. You have a shìtty low end Epi Special II starter guitar that would still be a piece of junk even if it was neck thru, and your comparing it to a good mid to high range Schecter. That's apples and oranges dude. The comparison doesn't hold any water.

I agree with you, but you cant deny that neck-thru is the sexiest.
Quote by Johnnyboy66
I agree with you, but you cant deny that neck-thru is the sexiest.

Indeed.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Quote by xsynysterx06
thats what i thought.
but i cant find many jacksons with two humbuckers, a floyd rose, AND a setneck/neck thru.
should i settle with a bolt on..or look around more at different brands and guitars.
it needs to have an FR, dual hum., etc. (metalish guitar)

really? From my time working at a guitar shop, I saw about 6. There are quite a few, but they are certainly NOT cheap.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
heck, if you had to, you could take a bolt on neck and make it a set. but i would advise against it. they do bolt-on necks for a reason.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
heck, if you had to, you could take a bolt on neck and make it a set. but i would advise against it. they do bolt-on necks for a reason.

Glue is not the only difference between bolt-on and set neck. Set necks actually have dovetail-type tounge and groove joint. The groove is in the body and the neck slides into it. And on good set neck designs, the joint actually extends to either under, or past the neck pickup for maximum wood-on-wood contact. This inproves sustain, and gives the joint strength. Take a look at the pic below of my EX-351. You can see how far the neck joint extends.

Glueing on a bolt-on neck without any screws would create a weak joint that would at best case scenario cause tuning instability, and at worse case, just break off.

yep, the neck pocket goes as far into the neck pickup route. dont forget that you should be able to hold up the guitar by its neck when you fit the neck onto the body without glue