Alright, anyone know what amps Muhammed from Necro uses? Also, what pickups has he got in his guitar? Their probably EMG's but which ones and where are they placed?
Quote by YYZ
Alright, anyone know what amps Muhammed from Necro uses? Also, what pickups has he got in his guitar? Their probably EMG's but which ones and where are they placed?

I don't know about the amp, but no, he doesn't use EMG's, he has a Vigier Custom (I forgot the model, Marilyn I think) and it has 2 humbucking bridge pickups.
Last edited by DUP3R at Jul 19, 2006,
I could have sworn he played a BC Rich.........I saw a video of it I think.
their site used to have a indepth explanation on the forums, but it must have been erased. If I remember right he uses ENGL 860 rackmount gear, ibanez jems, vigier marilyn, and some type of isp gear i'm guessing its a noise gate. if you searched around on google i'm sure you could find something though.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
I fail at google quite a lot. I did find something about the Engl on their forums though.

What does a nosie gate do? I've had ti explained to me in technical terms but never understood any of it.......
Quote by YYZ
I could have sworn he played a BC Rich.........I saw a video of it I think.

He has a BC Rich Stealth as well I think...

And I believe he used Ibanez JEMs in the studio.

And yeah he uses ENGL amps.
roar
Well that's a dissapointment. I thoguth he used EMG's and I wanted to match his tone but I geuss I can't now, oh well.
Yes he does have a b.c rich stealth. He hasn't used it on a records yet, and maybe a few times live though. He kinda bought it for novelty since he is a big fan of chuck schuldiner. A noise gate helps to control the hum, buzzing, feedback, and hissing caused by having high gain.

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
Quote by YYZ
Well that's a dissapointment. I thoguth he used EMG's and I wanted to match his tone but I geuss I can't now, oh well.

I don't know which pickups he uses.

It could be Emgs.
roar
Quote by frog_friend
Yes he does have a b.c rich stealth. He hasn't used it on a records yet, and maybe a few times live though. He kinda bought it for novelty since he is a big fan of chuck schuldiner. A noise gate helps to control the hum, buzzing, feedback, and hissing caused by having high gain.

If you're talking about the one in the Fermented Offal Discharge video, that's not a Stealth, it's a Vigier (sp) Marilyn (sp)
Quote by DUP3R
If you're talking about the one in the Fermented Offal Discharge video, that's not a Stealth, it's a Vigier (sp) Marilyn (sp)

Yeah the one on that video is not the stealth.
roar
exact quote from muhammed from the necrophagist board

"My Vigier Marilyn is from 1995. Back then they used to build Seymour Duncan SH5 into it. Now it's changed to X2N.

I don't know which pickups to recommend, cos I didn't test that many.

All companies have some great pickups, which in my opinion sound alike. Just go to your local dealer and test some guitars with your amp. The guitars should have the pickups you're interested in of course.

As for the JEM, it has a better solo sound I believe, but the main reason was that I recorded the solos on "Onset..." with that particular guitar, which is my brother's.

I kinda believ in its' magic.."-muhammed

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
Last edited by frog_friend at Jul 19, 2006,
Quote by DUP3R
I know its a vigier i'm just saying he owns a stealth guitar but doesn't use it much. Heres a quote from muhammed about the stealth
"I was playing the Marilyn for 10 years now, and of course that guitar is different from most other guitars. A flat and thin neck that's 100% straight, cos of the fiberglass or whatever they have inside the neck. Very comfortable to play that one. Switching to the Stealth was pretty difficult in the beginning, as all songs were composed on the Marilyn. But I wanted to have a Stealth since i was 14, so in the end i decided to just get one, even though the Marilyn was my first choice for so long...was a pain in the ass to play the songs on the Stealth the first weeks, but right now i got used to it and love it...that guitar sounds killer...and looks killer of course, my favorite shape." -muhammed

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
Last edited by frog_friend at Jul 19, 2006,
Quote by El Codyo
I know he uses a Vigier Marilyn Custom, and I think he uses an Engl Savage 120.
nah, for a fact I know he uses engl rackmounts. Maybe in the past he used a savage, but right now its racks

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
woah, necrobump right here.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
holy batman necrobump OVER 9000!!!!!!!!
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
I'm pretty sure that he used Ibanez JEM's for the recording, along with ENGL amps
I've seen him with an LTD, a Stealth,
And I'm practically positive that he's been using some kinda Ibanez Custom Xiphos for the new album.
He also has an Stealth shaped Ibanez, with " NECROPHAGIST " written all over the fretboard

EDIT : Holy sh*t ! I'm in a bit of a hurry didn't notice the dates ! jeeze 2006 ? Damn ! a 2 syllable "DAMN" !!
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
Last edited by Ramwen at Sep 7, 2010,
Quote by Ramwen
I'm pretty sure that he used Ibanez JEM's for the recording, along with ENGL amps
I've seen him with an LTD, a Stealth,
And I'm practically positive that he's been using some kinda Ibanez Custom Xiphos for the new album.
He also has an Stealth shaped Ibanez, with " NECROPHAGIST " written all over the fretboard

EDIT : Holy sh*t ! I'm in a bit of a hurry didn't notice the dates ! jeeze 2006 ? Damn ! a 2 syllable "DAMN" !!

AFAIK he trashed the custom Ibanez.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.