I've been looking around for amps in the $1000 range as an alternative to the B-52 I was looking at(AT-100). I saw that I could probably swing a Mesa Tremoverb combo from ebay. What is it like compared to the Dual Rectifier? Is it more versatile? Can it do high gain like the dual recto? Better cleans? I play alot of metal/metalcore stuff, but currently I am venturing off into classic rock/bluesy kind of stuff more and more, so could the Mesa do what I need? Thanks in advance.
I just bought the Dual Rectifier, and it's the best i've ever played. I can get any tones from Santana to BB King to Dime (R.I.P.) and i'll never look back. I believe the tremoverb has similar cababilities, but it's not quite as versitile, i'd say go for it!!
The only thing that I'm worried about is everyone and their brother plays a Mesa, and I want a unique tone. I'm sure I could dial in some good stuff tho.
Buy an EQ...nuff said
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Any chance you can try one out before hand? And maybe compare it to a Dual Recto aswell?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Any chance you can try one out before hand? And maybe compare it to a Dual Recto aswell?

+1 for RHCP

Please, see if you can try it out before
No, I can't try it out. I'm going back to GC this week, I'm going to try the B-52 again and see if they have a dual recto. Anyone know where I can find soundclips of the Tremoverb?
The T-Verb is a much better amp than the Dual Recs. Pretty much take the dual rec, add reverb and a better clean sound.

The T-Verb has channel cloning which allows you to play any 2 of the 4 modes footswitchable at any time. The T-Verb has a blues setting, which the rec's dont have, that gives you a great classic bluesy sound. It also has your standard Vintage and Modern gain settings so you can get the classic duel rec sound.

I have owned both and I would take the T-Verb over a dual rec anyday. The only downside to the T-Verb against a Dual Rec would be 2 channels vs 3 channels and lack of a solo boost.

I gigged with the T-Verb for 3 years with the Dual Rec as my backup and I never touched the Dual rec in a single show. I always kept the clean channel and would change between Blues, Vintage, and Modern depending on the song and show.

If its a T-Verb vs a B-52, there IS NO contest.
Quote by cerveza
I just bought the Dual Rectifier, and it's the best i've ever played. I can get any tones from Santana to BB King to Dime (R.I.P.) and i'll never look back. I believe the tremoverb has similar cababilities, but it's not quite as versitile, i'd say go for it!!

Actually the T-Verb is more versatile soundwide than a Dual Rec. I owned both simulaneously and the Dual Rec was my backup to the T-Verb. I just sold the T-Verb about a month ago and the dual rec awhile ago....

They both share the same vintage and modern gain settings. The T-Verb has a great blues setting whereas the additional settings on the Dual Rec arent as good. The T-Verb has a much better clean. The T-Verb has reverb and Tremelo. The dual rec has 3 channels and a solo boost which I wish the T-Verb had.
I would take the Tremoverb over a B-52 any day. If you want a unique sound then just try throwing some effects and things into the mix. If you want to play metalcore then the B-52 just won't have enough distortion for it.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join