hey

i was wondering if 1996 mexican fenders were any better/worse than ones made today (like how 80's japan squiers blow todays out of the water, and seeing how various companies quality control goes up and down at various points) and was wondering if anyone on here could tell me?

thanks
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3
well if you smile then you will be happy

Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
the mexican electric fenders do not come recomended by me.
for one thing you have to buy a voltage converter for your amp and for your guitar lead.
but if you love the smell of chilli then you will find it worth getting.
Birdy, you're a fucking idiot.

06 VS 96 = the 06 has better QC. BUT if you find a good 96, which is good if you like it... than by all means, go ah ead.

I have a 97 Jazz that is perfect, I got it for 150.
haha
Quote by birdy128
the mexican electric fenders do not come recomended by me.
for one thing you have to buy a voltage converter for your amp and for your guitar lead.
but if you love the smell of chilli then you will find it worth getting.

....'Tard.

Threadstarter, play the guitar, then compare it to newer MIM Fenders, see what you think.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
ive got a MEX standard strat from 95-96'. play it every day, never had a problem.

i think (in general) they are better than the strats they were pumping out the past few years, but they just upgraded the Mex strats for this year.
worth checking out.

just make sure the frets arent worn from years of use.
but thats true of any older guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
kk thanks everyone (apart from bird), its a tele im after, ill go up london and try a lot

^^ very nice guitar btw
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3