Im going to America sometime this week, and I have to leave my guitar and amp here. SO when I get there, Im gonna have to buy new ones (yay!) otherwise id go crazy so im looking at guitars from now.

I dont really wnat anythign expensive, i dont wanna go much over 200$, just somehting to replace my Yamaha EG-112.

I play mostly metal, like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera...also some clean stuff. But im more concerned about the metal part.

So i searched some brand names on musicians friend and looked for the cheapest priced ones, i found these:

Ibanez GRX20
ESP F-50
ESP LTD AX-50
ESP MH-50

Which would be the best? And if these all suck, than what do u recommend?
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Get more money.

Are you coming here to stay, bro? (Know there's some turmoil goin' on thereabouts).

If you are, just save some space in a suitcase, unbolt the neck of your guitar, and put it in there. it'll fit. Asf or the amp... sorry.
haha
Well I own a GRX40 which is close to the GRX20 and I can tell you its probably the best guitar I've played in that price range (same as a Yamaha Pacifica). The pickups are mounted into the body which is damn good. Good fast thin neck. Those LTDs are shoddy agathis pieces of crap...

EDIT: That GRX20 is AGATHIS!!! AAH...well, my GRX40 is alder...try to find one of those.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Last edited by redaxe at Jul 19, 2006,
Hmmm i havent thought about unbolting the guitar...that just might work!

Ive played the LTD f-50, it was ok, i didnt liek it that much.

I just talked to my dad, hes already in the states. He told me not to unbolt it and just leave it here, he said he would get me a new one when i got there.

Right now im leaning towards the GRX, but the mh 50 sounds really good too...

btw, i dont want a les paul shaped guitar, i hate them. i dunno why lol.

MH50 looks better I'll agree, but from a technical standpoint the GRX40 would blow it away. But right now I would say GRX20 < MH50...
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
ok....do i have any other choices?

not really otherwise probably could get an agile guitar with that money since all those guitars have ****-ass wood. also you might wanna get an amp as well
if your dad said he'd get you one what's your money window? schecter's are good for the heavier stuff and pretty good for cleans too, and you can get a good one cheap, an omen 6 is 300 dollars, so, if your dad can get you that and you have 200 dollars that can get u a good practice amp or somethin
I know im getting an amp, i was gonna gte one anyways. Im gonna get a roland cube 30. Im not exactly sure what my price window is, i mean i dont really wanna ask for too much besides the amp. I was htinking of getting an omen 6 too, but im not sure if its too much. ill ask him when i get there.

^ yeah just dont push him. you can still get a good metal sound out of agathis when you using agathis do dont worry about it if agathis is your only option.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
ummm....whats agathis? lol.