Ok so I was thinking about buying one of the Vox Valvetronix amps but I'm not sure how many watts I would need. I probably will use it for band practices and some small gigs. Would the 30W be too quiet? Would the 50W one be loud enough or is the 100W the way to go. Is the 100W way to loud, because I would like a nice medium with power to be overheard over drums and loud enough for a show. Can someone please help me
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
i would go wt the 50W.
its loud enough to gig wt. comes wt the better speaker and can be dialed down for bedroom use.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
thats perfect. thanks for the input.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
you could go the 100W too then use it for bigger gigs and just turn it down for your bedroom....depends what the price difference is...if you can afford it i would go for the 100W for sure....just cause its 100W you dont have to turn it up all the way
Go for the 100W one. It's way less harsh on your amp at a gig if you don't turn it up all the way.
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
Quote by NoneMoreBlack
Take 100 You can keep it longer, and for house practice, just put the volume on 1 or 2

It's a good idea to get a bigger amp coz then you can still use it if you start playing bigger gigs and stuff, the only problem I can see is, if you got a 100W, you'd have to turn it down to about 0.1 in your bedroom lol, coz I have a 30W amp and I have to keep that down to between 1 and 2 at home.
he said small gigs.
umm ok, the 100's wattage can be dialed down, but its alot of amp if u dont need it.

and IMO, the fact that no one knows about its features, tells me more guys need to try the amps they are recommending.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

but it's a 212, 212's are sexy.

JJ1565 : is it true that the 50Watt really comes with a better speaker?
The AD50Vt is big enough for most playing situations including rehearsals and small to medium gigs. For larger gigs there is usually a PA system one can run through.
Quote by suicidalmoose
but it's a 212, 212's are sexy.

JJ1565 : is it true that the 50Watt really comes with a better speaker?

i meant better than the 30W. not better than the 100W.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

so 50W or 100W? I restate that I would be doing small gigs and if I did do any bigger gigs they probably would run me through a PA. Either works price wise just the less $ spent the better. But I also want the best option available.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
50 watt, you will rarely need a 100 watt amp, ive played 500 capacity clubs running my 50 watt through a 4x12 and it was plenty loud, plus 100 watts dont sound nearly as good with the volume set at 2 that would just be a waste.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
thanks everybody. Your help has been very appreciated!
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Ok - the Vox amps come with adjustable wattage controls, so all you have to think about is how much watts could you possibly use. Only consider the AD50VT or the AD100VT because they come with Celestion speakers rather than the Vox-made pieces of rotting horse shit in the AD30VT and lower. Other than that, the features in all the amps are exactly the same, except that the 50 and the 100 also come with speaker out jacks. The 100 is a 2x12, so the sound has a lot more body, but either of them with the Celestions have really bassy voicings. Just remember - they are NOT in any way, shape or form "tube" amps. They are solid state amps that happen to have a preamp tube in the power amp section, which colors your tone, but doesn't give you the tube wattage "difference" or anything like that associated with tube amps. So headroom would be good. I would get the 100w, if it's the choice between the two.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Jul 19, 2006,