I was reading settings for a song, and one of the settings was 'presence'. on my amp i have most necessary knobs to turn but not the presence setting. is there another word for this, if not what is 'presence'?
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.
a control on a guitar amplifier that boosts the upper frequencies above the normal treble control range for added high-end. This control is usually a shelving type of equalizer, and is normally implemented as a lowpass filter inside the global negative feedback loop. By decreasing the amount of high frequencies that are fed back, the high frequencies at the output of the amplifier are boosted.
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
The PRESENCE control adds high frequencies and makes your sound crisper.

In a nutshell.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
What amps have this setting? Marshalls?
Quote by W4T3V3R
What amps have this setting? Marshalls?

I know Krank amps (atleast the Krankenstein does, not sure about the revolution) have a presence setting. Don't know of any Marshalls that have this setting.
imagine you were a can opener, you accidently open a can of woop ass and the next thing you know, the peas are mushed, the beans are baked, the fruit is sliced and everything gets OWNED
your sig, i was inspired to write something....random though it may be...
Certain Fender amps have the "Presence" control as well.

As stated earlier, it makes your sound much crisper. (i.e. for lead guitarists)

The presence knob is mainly just so we don't end up sounding like the teacher from the Peanuts when we play leads.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
my old, old, old, old, old yamaha one did. (ok, so it was only from the 80s...)
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
My Fender is from the 80s.. lol.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Epiphone Hummingbird

According to the owners manual for my Yamaha G100-212, it alters the response of the amp by boosting the high frequency range (2~5 KHz). The result is a brighter sound with greater clarity and "presence"
Reesh.. no. Mids are part of the equalizer. The presence knob boosts the top-end of the guitar tone so it gives you a clearer sound for soloing.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Epiphone Hummingbird

my boss mg10 has it, i think its a 90's amp as well.
Quote by Nelsean

Every genre of music has it's good and bad. People are just too ignorant to understand that.
Mesas have presence controls.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.