I would like new guitar at a max of 600 bucks. I like to play light er rock, so I was lookingat a Strat. I was wondering is there any real difference between the standard and the more expensive versions?
Ive heard both a mexican and an American strat the more expensive American Strat does sound better as more high quality woods are used and it has good electronics.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
if i were you id wait a little before purchasing a strat. i heard that fender is coming out with a new and improved highway 1 series for 2006 and they would be in your price range. im not sure when though and im not even sure if its completely true but any strat would be good for the music you play. there really isnt a huge diffrence. i own a standard($400) and i love it.

edit: holy crap i was right! i just checked fenders site and the new highway ones are out. go for one of them.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Last edited by red star at Jul 19, 2006,
^ X2 (Musicman) Better body construction, less peices. Better pickups and wiring, and general better build quality (neck joint etc.).
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
There are a lot of options with MIM Fenders at that price. Some will have a couple more bells and whistles, but nothing too dramatic. Just play a lot of them. And don't order one off the internet if you can help it. The quality control for the MIMs is spotty, so you really need to play a few and decide which one you like best.
Hi, I'm Peter
Thanks for all the help guys, I think I'll go down to my local Guitar Center later today, and give them all a whirl, and there is no harm in playing the American while I'm there.
Quote by musicmanstinger
Ive heard both a mexican and an American strat the more expensive American Strat does sound better as more high quality woods are used and it has good electronics.

Ya musicmanstinger pretty much said it the american is of higher quality.
However you could find a good mexican strat.

You could get an american strat off of ebay at around $500.00. Which could be a good idea since it's in your budget.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Go Japanese
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30