I'm always confused on how bands just switch out their guitars and start playing again...like how exactly do you configure multiple wireless systems to work and go to the same equipment?
i'm not quite sure, but it sounds logical to have a wireless send on each guitar and set them both to the same channel and put the recieve part...well...wherever the recieve will go and have it set to recieve the same channel as the guitars

no one yell at me for this, i'm not sure, but it sounds logical
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Most of them have their wireless thing on taped to their belts, strap, or in their back pockets (if they can fit it). They just unplug the wire, the bands that I've been close enough to actually see details (stones, REO Speedwagon, Tom Petty and his guitarist), that's what they do. I'm not sure about other bands, but they just have one system.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
no look at bands like Metallica they just give one guitar and are handed another i would liek to know how they do it to
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by dimebag_love
i'm not quite sure, but it sounds logical to have a wireless send on each guitar and set them both to the same channel and put the recieve part...well...wherever the recieve will go and have it set to recieve the same channel as the guitars

no one yell at me for this, i'm not sure, but it sounds logical

It would be eaiser to do different channels with each wireless because then you wouldn't have a ton of excess noise when you weren't using them and you wouldn't forget to turn the mute off. You could just run the channels into the soundboard. Right idea though.

To answer your question. I run sound for various gigs around town, and whenever I need multiple wireless mics, I just run the wireless reciever straight to the soundboard on separate channels. Mono, Left and Right outputs. Standard, any big band would have that stuff. (i.e. 24 channel mixer, wireless mics and reciever, etc.)
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Quote by poochy
It would be eaiser to do different channels with each wireless because then you wouldn't have a ton of excess noise when you weren't using them and you wouldn't forget to turn the mute off. You could just run the channels into the soundboard. Right idea though.

To answer your question. I run sound for various gigs around town, and whenever I need multiple wireless mics, I just run the wireless reciever straight to the soundboard on separate channels.

haha of course, it's so simple!!
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
I'm still confused because guitar levels aren't balanced. Here's my setup pretty much

Line 6 Podxt Pro
BBE Sonic Max. 482i in the effects loop of the pod
Behringer DEQ2496 eQ

Now lets say I have four guitars and buy four good wireless systems. I would haved to buy a cheap 4 xlr input mixer? Then run xlr outs (or line) of each of the wireless systems into each channel....but somehow all four channel's signals have to come out of the mixer into the single unbalanced input of the POD... i'm so confused haha.
Quote by lankie_25
I'm still confused because guitar levels aren't balanced. Here's my setup pretty much

Line 6 Podxt Pro
BBE Sonic Max. 482i in the effects loop of the pod
Behringer DEQ2496 eQ

Now lets say I have four guitars and buy four good wireless systems. I would haved to buy a cheap 4 xlr input mixer? Then run xlr outs (or line) of each of the wireless systems into each channel....but somehow all four channel's signals have to come out of the mixer into the single unbalanced input of the POD... i'm so confused haha.

i would either:

1) have a wireless sender on each guitar sending on the same frequency and then have 1 reciever on the podx pedal recieving at the same frequency as the senders and mute the ones i'm not using

2) what you said, with the 4-channel mixer
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
You just have a transmitter on each guitar set on the same frequency. When you switch out a guitar you turn off one transmitter and turn on the other one. That seems to be the most logical way to do things.

Basically you get one wireless receiver, and then 4 transmitters. Than you just set all the frequencies to be the same. And it should work fine as long as you don't plan on using any of these guitars wirelessy simotaniously.
that's exactly what i just said but way better put...haha thanks
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
They use multiple bodypacks for the wireless systems. Kirk Hammett and Hetfield for example, have bought bodypacks for all their guitars they use on tour. Probably tuned to the same channel, with only one or two receivers, and the rest of the bodypacks are probably turned off to avoid interference during their playing.

For example: I can buy another bodypack for my wireless since I use multiple guitars. I just tape on the bodypacks to the strap. Turn the one off that I'm not using and turn the one on that I AM using. Then vice versa for when I switch.
there are a few different ways you can do this, the one that i prefer is to have one reciever and however many transmitters, and tune each transmitter to a different frequency, then you have someone switch the recieving frequency on the reciever as you switch guitars. The other ways i tcan think of have already been covered.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm