Page 1 of 2
Does anyone have it and have anything to say about it? I'm looking to replace the ****ty ass Marshall I bought when I was an idiot and only looked at the name on the amp. I've gotta make a decision soon 'cause Guitar Centre online has them marked down 'cause they're discontinuing them and I want to get it at a discount.

Is the 210 too big to use as a practice amp?? I don't do a whole lot of gigging, just jamming with friends and private practice.

Any response at all is appreciated
i like the line 6 spider IIs

the distortion is great and i think my favorite part is the chorus...i don't know how they do it...but the chorus just sounds so great...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
NO NO NO NO NO do not get this amp. very very ****ty amp. generally just stay away from modelling amps as they sound very fake and spread themselves too thinly by trying to stuff all of this stuff inot a small space. it ends up sounding very bad. only n00bs think this is a good amp. stay away from it at all costs.
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

check out my first guitar build, the razorback!
Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join.
I've played a few, absolutely hated them, dull, setrile and way too digital. They're alright for metal practice amps on a budget though.

What sounds are you looking for? And price range...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Don't really have a price range.. I just was at guitar camp and one of the guys I met had one and I tried it out and loved it for the brief time I played it.
^^^ Maybe he is too young for a job?

Alot of people knock these amps. What they don't consider is that most people under 18 don't have the cash for a nice tube amp. Luckily for me, I can get a job, but before this happens I'll still be looking at my broken Spider II.

Here's the deal. If you play metal, it's an acceptable amp. **** with the settings, and it's metal channels are very good for the price. The cleans, when tweaked, are certainly passable, atleast for the price. It's not a tube amp, and it doesn't even respond to your dynamics as well as my ****ty 200 dollar Wildfire60 (same thing, except cheaper and more versatile, but with a HORRIBLE speaker). It lacks personality, even for a solid state, but the metal channel is more versatile and less harsh than the comparable Crates of equal price. You have to work hard for a blues sound, and even then it sounds pretty ****ty. The blues and crunch channels themselves are utterly and completely worthless. I never used them once I became convinced they were ****.

It's a decent amp, the 212, for under 300 dollars. Specifically, I'd want to pay no more than 250 dollars for one. It's plenty loud. Good luck man. If you have the money, save up for a tube amp and an OD pedal, though.
Play one a bit more in a shop, then compare it to other amps that you could get, if you still like the Line 6 more, just buy it, although you're gonna' be going to hell.
Don't be afraid to care"

Honestly man, the Spider II is horrible. My other guitarist in my band bought the head version because he just had to have a half stack and this was cheap. Guess what, he sold it after 2 practices because my 65 watt 1 12 blew his half stack out of the water. No one could hear him totally cranked (which sounds bad anyways, don't do that with a SS amp) and I was on 3.
Money isn't really a problem.. I'm rediculously spoiled and I save up all my allowance and work money instead of spending it so if you could point me in the direction of a relatively good amp (not TOO expensive) then I'd really appreciate it!
I have one. I love the tones i get out of it. But its had a hardware problem TWICE. I got it fixed then it happened again. Its now currently at line 6 getting repaired. But i think mine is just a flawed one, so id say go for it.
Dean DBD tribute ml
Spider II 112 amp
Boss noise suppresor
Dunlop Crybaby

Getting:
Jackson RR3 rhoads
Peavey 6505 half stack
look at traynor amps. reasonable prices, excellent specs, and all-tube quality.
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

Lots of people say Roland Cube series, I haven't played one. The Vox AD series is really good. They are modelling amps. Check those out because they are awesome. I like my Kustom 65dfx. Like I said, it's LOUD and it has a couple of effects but I don't use them much.
They just dropped all of the prices, so now you can get the 75W amp for 200 dollars. Not too bad of a deal, imo. I have it, i like it. great for practice. It's great if you dont have a lot of money like me Cleans arent that great though....
For the price, and for practice yeah! For gigging though, i wouldnt recommend it.
Quote by depthofdrowning
I have one. I love the tones i get out of it. But its had a hardware problem TWICE. I got it fixed then it happened again. Its now currently at line 6 getting repaired. But i think mine is just a flawed one, so id say go for it.

What kind of hardware problem??

And also what do you use it for? Just private practice or do you play with friends and stuff (can you get some decent sounds while turning it all the way up?).
Quote by depthofdrowning

and dude, you use a Dimebag tribute Ml out of a line 6!?!?!? and you enjoy it?!?! Dimebag is probably rolling in his grave right now!!!
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

So for the new amp...
What sounds are you looking for? Playing styles?
Don't be afraid to care"

^ LOL!

But seriously. If money means nothing to you, first, **** you, and second, what styles do you play? You simply CAN'T ask for a good amp without releasing your tastes to us. If you wanted SRV, I might say a Peavey Classic 50/1000+ dollar Fender with a TS-808. If metal, a Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier or a Peavey 5105. Explain your tastes, dude. I would NOT get a Spider II if I had money. Bad idea. Atleast get a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe + a TS-808 re-issue/ZW-44.
Quote by R_H_C_P
So for the new amp...
What sounds are you looking for? Playing styles?

I generally play Classic Rock, some heavier stuff, some metal, 80's glam, starting to get into Modern Rock. I wouldn't be using alot of cleans so its not a big deal if the clean channels aren't up to snuff.

I'm more of a lead guitarist if that makes a differance.. I love soloing and am usually the main soloist at jam sessions.
I honestly think Line 6 is the worst guitar company in the world..

Buy it if it's REALLY marked down though, like...75 bucks. Otherwise, you could do a lot better than this pile of garbage
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by HavokStrife

Buy it if it's REALLY marked down though, like...75 bucks. Otherwise, you could do a lot better than this pile of garbage

Thats good news.. 'cause I also have a Line 6 Guitarport. I love it.
it's not much better then your marshall mg im guessing you have. The first time i played one, my friend has a half stack and had it on the metal channel, and the metal was ok. Then i turned the knob and hated the other channels, and my friend said he had the best sounds he could get out of it.
Quote by HavokStrife

I take it you never played a Vetta II or HD147.
I think those are some great amps...
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
If you're playing metal and rock, then the Spider II is a good amp for you. Try it for yourself in the store! People are waaaaay too damn harsh on it.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
I have the 210, It's a stereo amp and more than loud enough for practice and jamming with friends. If you buy it, read the manual and learn how the eq works, it does funky things with mids on some settings. You'll be able to eliminate much of that "mooninites" type sound is seems to have. I find it works best in a rock/metal setting. I also second that the blues and crunch settings are nonsense. However the reverb is nice as well as the delay. And if you get the FBV4 with it, you'll get the wah, tuner in the pedal and your 4 presets at your toes, as well as the ability to set you delay on effects. All really nice features for the price.
Whats an FBV4??

Oh, and I just checked the review section on this site and its pretty much the same as this thread. Ratings ranged from 2.5 to 10, comments from "worst amp ever made" to "god", and a whole lot inbetween.

I think if I were to go with the 210, I'd sell the Marshall and possibly the guitarport as well 'cause I don't need all of it.
I just talked to the guy at my music store and he says I can trade in my Marshall for credit.. I'd have to order the 210 or 112 'cause they don't have any in stock. I'm going to head over later and try it out and maybe pick up some other stuff.
umm ok i have played ths amp and i frickin love it! it is soooo good like the insane red led is awesome and i have played it and its honestly the best metal tone ive gotten out of any amp!!!! 212 the way to go
my gear
Epiphone zakk Wylde
prs soapbar 2
Line 6 spider 2
Quote by Les Pablo
Here's the FBV, it's actually run by amp, no extra plugs.
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--LINFBVEXP

the last thing I'll say is that any amp in this pricerange, vox, roland.. or whatever is not going to be the end all. If you stick with your guitar you'll most definitely buy something else.

Oh cool so do I have to order that seperatly or does it come with the amp??
Seriously threadstarter, are you willing to pay $1000 for an amp??
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Seriously threadstarter, are you willing to pay $1000 for an amp??

No.. when did I say that??

Well guys, I bought it

I went to Long and McQaude and tried it out and fell in love with it. Only a few minor problems but I figure I can work it out when I get it. I got a $140 return on the Marshall and used that to buy the FBV Express pedal which was 125. Final total was $296, which was affordable because I made exactly $300 umpiring this spring.
Quote by R_H_C_P
I've played a few, absolutely hated them, dull, setrile and way too digital. They're alright for metal practice amps on a budget though.

What sounds are you looking for? And price range...

Quote by wilty00

Well guys, I bought it

I went to Long and McQaude and tried it out and fell in love with it. Only a few minor problems but I figure I can work it out when I get it. I got a $140 return on the Marshall and used that to buy the FBV Express pedal which was 125. Final total was $296, which was affordable because I made exactly $300 umpiring this spring.

Nice glad to hear some1 likes them
Quote by wilty00

Quote by wilty00
Don't really have a price range...

Here...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Here...

I assumed it was assumed I ment within reason... the amps I was talking about were 500 max. I'd pay 500 if it was the right amp.
Heh... I assumed you were rich so I'd reccomend a $1000 amp new
My point: even if you didn't have $1000, you could get a good bargain for $500 by getting a tube amp

Anyways, enjoy your new amp
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Heh... I assumed you were rich so I'd reccomend a $1000 amp new
My point: even if you didn't have $1000, you could get a good bargain for $500 by getting a tube amp

Anyways, enjoy your new amp

Thanks.

I will in two weeks

Until then I'm ampless.
Quote by wilty00

Well guys, I bought it

cheers, have fun, that pedal is great my friend has one, and he's never had a problem with it
Page 1 of 2