so i want to be able to change chords perfectly and want to know how you lot at UG go from one chord to another. im no begginer and can play the chords i need to. BUT.... when you change chords like the ones below do you play them absoloutly perfect ? i mean play eight G barre chords then eight Bm barre chords staight after? or do you do something like play seven G chords then put one or two mute notes in there and then proceed to play severn Bm chords? the second way is easier and if you do mute notes in between chords it gives you more time to get the correct hand position for the next chord but should you do that? or practice till you can move from one to another perfect?

G Bm
e|--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--|--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--|
b|--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--|--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--|
g|--4--4--4--4--4--4--4--4--|--4--4--4--4--4--4--4--4--|
d|--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--|--4--4--4--4--4--4--4--4--| perfect chords
a|--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--|--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--|
e|--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--|-------------------------------|

G Bm
e|--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--x--|--x-2--2--2--2--2--2--2----|
b|--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--x--|--x-3--3--3--3--3--3--3----|
g|--4--4--4--4--4--4--4--x--|--x-4--4--4--4--4--4--4----| not so perfect but easier
d|--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--x--|--x-4--4--4--4--4--4--4----| chords
a|--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--x--|--x-2--2--2--2--2--2--2----|
e|--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--x--|--------------------------------|

how do you change chords?
Originally posted by tylerishot
There is no reason that taking advantage of a drunk chick is acceptable. You can, however, beat them up, and tell them they fell down the stairs.
Last edited by jakecarter at Jul 19, 2006,
well just these chords are simple but there are other chords in some song by jeff beck, pat matheny and many others that play jazz/world music so instead of playing the chords right after eatchother they du... *dont know the word* but when you play between the beats like 1-chord 2-chord 3-x 3,5-chord... if you know what I mean
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Just Keep practicing until you get the chords dwon perfect and that will give you the best sound
Quote by incubusfan92
good ol practicing...

...or easy button

whats that some kind of easy button?
Originally posted by tylerishot
There is no reason that taking advantage of a drunk chick is acceptable. You can, however, beat them up, and tell them they fell down the stairs.
Quote by jakecarter
whats that some kind of easy button?

the staples easy button

But just practice should be able to get you to get the chord changes down.
Wouldn't he get ink cartridges falling from the ceiling if he pressed the easy button?
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
If the song calls for muting in between, do it, if not, don't. You'll get better and better with time. You'll notice some artists who are a little bit sloppy will play an inverted G inbetween chords:

e--
B-0
G-0
D-0
A--
E--

or something close to that, because they continue strumming after they've pulled off the old chord and haven't quite got to the other chord.

Bry
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Large Brownie Batter Blizzard with chunks of brownie. *Dairy product orgasm*

Yes, i'm fat
Actually practicing Correctly will get you good at it, practicing incorrectly will cause you trouble later on. See what a difference it makes....?
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.
Quote by Bryan52803
If the song calls for muting in between, do it, if not, don't. You'll get better and better with time. You'll notice some artists who are a little bit sloppy will play an inverted G inbetween chords:

e--
B-0
G-0
D-0
A--
E--

or something close to that, because they continue strumming after they've pulled off the old chord and haven't quite got to the other chord.

Bry

I do that at times to fill in space between chord changes, but not often.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.