Both have the same 3 notes as the G triad:

G B D
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
uh...i dunno, but the extra 3 on the B string is a D, so maybe just emphazing the fifth of the chord?
there are plenty more than 2 by the way.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
they are actually exactly the same really....The different note is still a note in the tonic triad, so it makes only a slight change to sound. There are lots of others, some more different and some more similar to a G major.
You can hear subtle differences in the two chords...but it's really only a difference of one note. Some artists like to alternate between the two in certain songs...can't think of any right now, though...dammit...I personally like to play the second one more often, but like I said, you can alternate as you're strumming it. It makes for a neat, subtle, effect, and it lets other guitarists know that you know more than a little about chords. At least it does for me.
Quote by Dæmönika
When I became ill last week, I had to make a critlist for people who came in and looked at my songs. Now, I've decided to make a cuntlist for The Pit. Starting with this thread. So far I have:

atreyu+a7xfan
Sailor Jerry
Dimebag22
Bobthemonkey14
Quote by hecksport
Why are their two G chords?

and

My guitar teacher says with a little smile; "well, the first 1 (320003) is like the "tone-G" and the other (320033) is more like the "luxus-G" :P
Quote by Yakult
Why are you talking to yourself? Stay off the drugs
Any triad with the notes G, B, and D is a G chord, remember though, that these triads could be inverted.
there are many many different voicings of a G chord, all have the same general tonal centre but have slightly different qualities in the way they sound

you listed

right now I can think up
320xxx
35500x
xx5785
75578x
x 10 9 7 8 7
x 10 12 12 12 10
Last edited by seljer at Jul 19, 2006,