Could I change my four string bass to a five string. And does it matter what bridge I get for my bass or should I get a certain one.
i think the neck wouldnt be wide enough, youd need a new headstock, new bridge, new pickups, new nut....
...not worth it
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
ok but i am going to change the pickups. But my bridge broke and I was wondering if I could just get any bridge that would fit. And change the neck little stuff.
yep, if you get a new neck, a new bridge and pickups its be fine
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Don't do it. That's my opinion on the subject.
Member #8 of the "I Love Waterbears" club!! PM Phantom lord363 to join

Member #2 of the "I love Mexican food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT
firstly, you'd end up with a crap 5 string!

secondly, you'd end up spending about as much as it would cost to buy a fairly decent 5-string anyway!

so just buy a 5-string! and sell the four!!
yeah, I guess I could buy a five but I wanted the experience and stuff and it would be fun to do and I could get a schecter.
Last edited by OutlawMusician at Jul 19, 2006,
Hmmmm, let's say I was really curious and wanted the experience of being hit in the "optimal spot" by a Bouncing Betty. See, human beings are naturally curious, but in cases like this, it's better to pass those experiences by.

But seriously, it probably won't be as fun as you think trying to redo the neck socket in the body if you're putting a wider neck on it. If you succeeded in making it look acceptable, it would probably be unstable.
Member #8 of the "I Love Waterbears" club!! PM Phantom lord363 to join

Member #2 of the "I love Mexican food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT
a kit how much do those cost. Since alot of people say just to buy one I will save up for a Schecter Stiletto Custom-5.
would not work the neck pocket is too small for a 5 string neck
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.