Poll: Better solo?
Poll Options
View poll results: Better solo?
sheratonplyr369
9 26%
AlpineHigh
25 74%
Voters: 34.
second time I vote now... yet again I go for Sheraton. thats just the way I want blues to be^^

Altough Alpine was a good compedetor(?)
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
I'll start by saying both of these tracks are superb. You both have some serious talent.

First, Alpine, your phrasing is the best I've heard from you. The first 1:50 or so of the song didn't quite hold my interest...but the last section was incredible, that one bend gave me goosebumps. Also, I loved the Bbm arpeggio, did you sweep that . You play with alot of feeling dude, you've got serious mojo.

Sheraton, you also have some of the coolest phrasing of anyone who's been in this comp so far, you did go out of time in a few spots, but the way you play your licks and string them together is different than just about everyone I've heard playing blues on UG. My only concern in that regard is that there wasn't enough "space" in parts, some of your runs had trouble, to quote stratwizard critiquing my shred track, "breathing". Alpine has you beat in the technique department, but you get the award for originality.

However, Alpine's sounds(to me) like he's putting all of his energy and emotion into every note he plays (most notably that one bend.. that, and the silence that follows qualifies as the best single note lick I've ever heard on UG.), and when it comes to the blues, thats what counts. Alpine's got my vote.
AGreed with what gtgram14 said... Alpine has some good licks and phrasing in there.. but sheraton your playing was great too... very bluesy take and I dug the wah at the end. Some great playing, but I'm going with Alpine
Originally posted by bobjewell87:
what the hells an emo song?
ill edit when i get through both of them

on sheraton's:
you've got some sweet licks like the others said and some nice phrasing..
could use more space though in my opinion, some phrases tend to get too "notey" and would benefit from just taking a break

alpine:
couple of sketchy notes and one bend wasn't spot on
other than that, you had some really great playing in there. a couple of licks in there didn't seem quite as strong as sheraton's, but you utilized space and breaks really well. also that delay bit in there was sweet. and like a post or two up from me... that last bend is just fanstastic

great job by both of you but i'd have to go with alpine
Last edited by phoenix_88 at Jul 19, 2006,
both great but i voted alpine
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
oh man this seems like a sweet compitition, howd i miss the signups

both were awsome, but the moment i heard Alpine's tone he got my vote. sheraton's was some awsome older-style blues, hinting on some early BB King or buddy guy? some really great licks.

Alpine's was right down my alley. its got some very intense parts. it actually reminds me of my playing alot. lots of great licks, perfect timing. couldnt have been better. it was a tough race but alpine takes it. to both guys.

can anyone also tell me soemthign about this competition, id love to compete
sheraton that was great man, definitely a cool sound but i've gotta agree with some of the other guys on here, you know blues when you feel a note tug at you and based on that i've gotta vote alpine.
Quote by phoenix_88
also that delay bit in there was sweet.

thanks dude, wasn't delay though (layerd guitar parts) in the beginning. and the part later on at 1:56 i just played the second part softer to give it a delay effect

thanks to all for the crits (good or bad)
Last edited by AlpineHigh at Jul 19, 2006,
great stuff guys there both seriously really good, i love the mood both of your guys made in your songs, but i felt that sheratonplyr369's track was a little better, my opinion, so he got my vote, but still both really good.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Heres my view

Alpine: You just seem like a good player to me, someone who I would like to do dual solos with in a band, plus the song kept me interested

Sheraton: Your playing sounds weak to me, there is some interesting stuff, but I get bored extremely quickly

Alpine gets my vote
Last edited by shorter_rocker at Jul 20, 2006,
Quote by shorter_rocker
Heres my view

Alpine: You just seem like a good player to me, someone who I would like to do dual solos with in a band, plus the song kept me interested

Thanks man

hey i know you were just citing it as an example but if you ever want to do a collaboration just let me know, i think our styles would mesh well
Last edited by AlpineHigh at Jul 19, 2006,
Quote by AlpineHigh

hey i know you were just citing it as an example but if you ever want to do a collaboration just let me know, i think our styles would mesh well

Yeah man that would be cool
I think this one is pretty much over
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Do black people attract more dust too?
Bah! someon hurry up and eliminate you!

I wanna nother go!
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by gtgram14
I second that.....DIE ALPINE

MWAHAHAHAA!!!

.... i wouldn't worry about that i'll get eliminated. the two dudes that just signed up are pretty good
Last edited by AlpineHigh at Jul 20, 2006,
Yeah if you guys want to close this you can, I doubt 15 miracle votes are going to come in. By the way, Alpine when it comes to staying top dog YOU CAN DO IT! (in cheesy Rob Shneider voice).
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Do black people attract more dust too?