become mr hendrix himself! Basically no matter how hard you try.......you wont! just like you will never be able to get the same sound as anyone as everyone plays differntly and uses different things. Different ways of playing create different tones.

Sounding like hendrix.......will not happen, sorry
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
uh i would say use all of the same stuff he used, guitars amps effects

ok i know u cant do that, but u shouldnt ask this question. you cant really do this unless you buy the amp they had and then the next step would be their pickups or effects
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Do you mean like wahs and effects?
some songs you need effects to make sound right, like on surfing with the alien by satriani, you NEED a wah or this sounds like someone has just picked up a guitar and strummed it with no knowledge
i do little wing on my clean channel with bass at 8, treble at 6, and mids at like 2 or 3, and with a little bit or reverb. i think it sounds good.. but i play it on a fender so that may have something to do with the sound being close.. what do u have for a guitar, amp, etc.?
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
i think he's asking about EQ?
Fender Highway1 USA Stratocaster
Fender FM65R 65w amplifier
Ibanez Tubescreamer 9 Overdrive pedal
best you can do is get the hendrix pedal...................it has little wing modified in it
oh nice i gotta buy one must be fun to paly around whit^^.......... thanks...........
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
i do little wing on my clean channel with bass at 8, treble at 6, and mids at like 2 or 3, and with a little bit or reverb. i think it sounds good.. but i play it on a fender so that may have something to do with the sound being close.. what do u have for a guitar, amp, etc.?

I add a little chorus in there for some reason.
Oh and by the way you have really nice gear...
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
I add a little chorus in there for some reason.
Oh and by the way you have really nice gear...

haha thanks

i never really use chorus.. might have to try to incorporate it somehow

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Use your neck pup and fiddle around with your eq. Don't be lazy, find a good eq setting yourself. You'll develop an ear for music much easier this way then asking people for their settings, cause you don't learn anything when you do that.
Hai UG!
I recorded a version of Little Wing in my Sig.

As I recall it's a fairly clean setting for the intro & rythym. I do recall that he
used the 4th switch pos on the Strat. I can't remeber the exact settings from
the performance notes right now, I don't think there was any chorus.
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Use your neck pup and fiddle around with your eq. Don't be lazy, find a good eq setting yourself. You'll develop an ear for music much easier this way then asking people for their settings, cause you don't learn anything when you do that.

yeah thats true...
he used a flanger on that song too
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

use the same guitar, flanger, wah, and amp as he did when he recorded the song. But even if u do that it could never be the same................
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by tobythechimp
become mr hendrix himself! Basically no matter how hard you try.......you wont! just like you will never be able to get the same sound as anyone as everyone plays differntly and uses different things. Different ways of playing create different tones.

Sounding like hendrix.......will not happen, sorry

not true you can sound like hendrix whenever you pick up your guitar with this

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_digitech_jimi_hendrix_experience_pedal?full_sku=103120432
get a 60's marshall dsl 45, a 60's strat, a big muff, and you might get close. yeah. go for the jimi hendrix pedal.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
get a 60's marshall dsl 45, a 60's strat, a big muff, and you might get close. yeah. go for the jimi hendrix pedal.

err, 60s marshall DSL O_o
in that era he had some kind of Marshall JTM (aka "plexi") though I've heard little wing may ahve been recorded on a Fender Bassman (though then again, Jim Marshall ripped off the Fender Bassman circuit for practically all his amps so...)

60s strat sounds right

he didn't have a Big Muff till 1970, don't think theres really to much fuzz in that song anyway. If it isn't his cranked up amp for the solo then its his Fuzz Face

in the solo theres that leslie/chorus type effect, I'm not sure if this is a real leslie speaker or his Univibe pedal (of which there are multiple remakes today). The tape flanging that was all that was available in the era was much much less subtle.

and **** Digitech's arist pedals
Last edited by seljer at Jul 20, 2006,
Clean Fender amp and a Strat on the neck pickup, and chorus or a Univibe.

(I think he used a Fender amp for Little Wing, definately doesn't sound Marshallish)
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by suckasucks
^ didnt he die in 1970?

yeah, but not on the 1st of January so he did get a chance to play with the EHX pedals that had just come out that year
Last edited by seljer at Jul 20, 2006,
Quote by seljer
err, 60s marshall DSL O_o
in that era he had some kind of Marshall JTM (aka "plexi") though I've heard little wing may ahve been recorded on a Fender Bassman (though then again, Jim Marshall ripped off the Fender Bassman circuit for practically all his amps so...)

60s strat sounds right

he didn't have a Big Muff till 1970, don't think theres really to much fuzz in that song anyway. If it isn't his cranked up amp for the solo then its his Fuzz Face

in the solo theres that leslie/chorus type effect, I'm not sure if this is a real leslie speaker or his Univibe pedal (of which there are multiple remakes today). The tape flanging that was all that was available in the era was much much less subtle.

and **** Digitech's arist pedals

i wasn't trying to be perfect. i just got up, i knew it was a JTM 45 (my brain just malfunctioned), i know he didn't use a big muff in that song, and i know the artist pedal's aren't that good. i was just trying to make a point that you couldn't do it. and even if he did manage to get hold of all that stuff, i doubt it would have the same sound as it did back then.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!