ok first of all i like neoclassical stuff so im thinking thats the way i wanna go from now on(as in tahts the type of music i wanna make)but theres one problem how do i? is tehre scales in neoclassical or something what is it? this sounds very noobish cause i am a noob to neoclassical **** so ummm eya help all i need to know is how to make music like taht using sweeps and what not and like scales if they are any for any or all keys ok thanks peeps.
look up classical scales. I assume there are neoclassical scales, but that kind of ruins the entire idea of it actually being classical.
Dickless.
they use the same scales you could use for anything else..
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

classical influence is neo-classical in a nutshell

theory, theory, composition, technique, theory, and theory

did i mention theory?
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Quote by axe_grinder247
classical influence is neo-classical in a nutshell

theory, theory, composition, technique, theory, and theory

did i mention theory?

LMAO, it's funny but it's true...

Basically, just go check out Mr.Loomis_shred's thread "playing neo-classical"

There's some info in there that should help out a little bit in terms of getting into a neo-classical sound.
I can't believe none of you have mentioned the harmonic minor scale.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
I can't believe none of you have mentioned the harmonic minor scale.

damn, beat me to it
Quote by Righteous
Is that Chuck Norris in your avator? I never thought of him as a shredder really... a shredder of bodies maybe.

Member: "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join

Self Proclaimed Master of Typos
u can use phyrigian mode and harmonic minor.. but anyway check out malmsteen for neoclassical shredding stuff he plays them a lot
tilet lickin' gd
lol, that's not neoclassicaly, thats yngwieassical

neoclassical could use a major scale, or any other scale...just use it in a classical way
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

You need to know your scales and theory down pat. You should also know how to write in standard notation, (it's easier than just remembering everything you come up with on the spot )
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

Quote by led zeppelin90
ok first of all i like neoclassical stuff so im thinking thats the way i wanna go from now on(as in tahts the type of music i wanna make)but theres one problem how do i? is tehre scales in neoclassical or something what is it? this sounds very noobish cause i am a noob to neoclassical **** so ummm eya help all i need to know is how to make music like taht using sweeps and what not and like scales if they are any for any or all keys ok thanks peeps.

All I did was learn a bit of everything. Then, you don't have to limit yourself to just neo-classical. You're trying to start too big, I think.
You need to have a very good concept and backround in musical theory and you need to practice for several hours a day, but if you like that kind of music, the results can be well worth it. Start off by learning actuall classical peices arranged for guitar (Paganini is a favorite of neo-calssical guitarists). This will heklp you a great deal to learn how the theory is actually applied, then once you have a good understanding of how to apply theory to music in the contect of the guitar start to compose your own peices.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm