i got a little problem. if i was on stage and i needed to use beats from a computer based drum machine on stage (but i want to leave room for improv or whatever so i cant just put the track together and play over it) what would be the best way of doing it? i was thinking of using two laptops into a mixer so the laptops would be like turntables with beats and stuff on them but ill never have that kinda money so any sugestions?
there are doors that open
there are doors that dont

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
if i could persuade phil selway to play 4 me i would be grand but that aint happenin. and i want a drum machine not a drummer anyway. its all about the sound and you cant do this stuff on drums. unless you have six arms. in which case give me a call

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Well then, like I said, program the beats you need and have a sound engineer play them through the PA, and obviously you signal to him when he needs to stop.

Simple as.
but id have to pay a sound engineer then. and im talking very small clubs so that isnt realy an option. i was thinkin if i copied the beats onto 2 cds and ran them through two discmen and a mixer and i could set the track with say beat A on it to repeat and have the other discman with beat B on it ready to play and i could press play on beat B when i stop beat A. and then when beat B is playin i could get beat C ready. do you think that would work?

Quote by curtis uck
but id have to pay a sound engineer then. and im talking very small clubs so that isnt realy an option. i was thinkin if i copied the beats onto 2 cds and ran them through two discmen and a mixer and i could set the track with say beat A on it to repeat and have the other discman with beat B on it ready to play and i could press play on beat B when i stop beat A. and then when beat B is playin i could get beat C ready. do you think that would work?

I suppose so, but it would look and sound pretty shitty. Try getting a real job for a little while so you can afford a sound tech.

And why don't these places have sound techs. anyway? Who operates the PA?