I play metal and was looking around the forums at pickup suggestions. I have a peavey bandit 112 amp (no i wont get a new one :P) and was planning on getting active 81/85 pickups, but i keep reading not to get them or there good for digital blah blah. My friend had a modeling amp when i tried em, and i loved em. I am just curious what the situation is with pickups, active or not?

Thanks!
if you play metal emgs are definetly good.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Don't bother buying those pickups when you own that amp, they will sound bad. Save your money for a new amp first, you will be much happier in the long run.
i have EMG active pickups on every one of my guitars but look at my collection of amps to go along with them. they dont make a difference unless your amp is good.
What pickups would you suggest for metal if i don't get the emg active pickups? Just so i can look around at a few and see which i prefer.
They will only shine to their full potential through a good amp.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
arent bareknuckles good for metal, at leas thats what i thought
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
i dont like them but thats just me
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quote by jasonsol
What pickups would you suggest for metal if i don't get the emg active pickups? Just so i can look around at a few and see which i prefer.

i would suggest emg active pickups
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
theres all sorts you can use. any high output pickup will work fine.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.