i don't know how to get harmonics.... i don't know what is harmonics....
HELP!!!!
harmonics
Chime-like sounds achieved in two ways: 1) natural harmonics - by touching a string at any equidistant division of the string length (typically 5th, 7th, and 12th fret), directly above the fret with left hand, and striking hard with the right-hand fingers or pick near the bridge where there is more string resistance; or 2) artificial harmonics - touching a string with the index finger of the right hand twelve frets higher than any fretted note and plucking the string with either the thumb or third finger of the right hand.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
harmonics
Chime-like sounds achieved in two ways: 1) natural harmonics - by touching a string at any equidistant division of the string length (typically 5th, 7th, and 12th fret), directly above the fret with left hand, and striking hard with the right-hand fingers or pick near the bridge where there is more string resistance; or 2) artificial harmonics - touching a string with the index finger of the right hand twelve frets higher than any fretted note and plucking the string with either the thumb or third finger of the right hand.

^courtesy of wikipedia

in english, the strongest natural harmonics are achieved by lightly touching your fretting finger above the fret bar on the 5th, 7th, and 12th frets (but are also found above the 3rd, 9th, 15th, 17th, 19th, 24th, etc...) and plucking the string while taking the finger off

artificial harmonics are achieved by "pinching" the string with your pick and flesh of your thumb (which is why they're referred to as pinch harmonics), preferrably above where the 24th or 36th frets would be
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
axegrinder what the hell is wrong with you? your just bashing me trying to make me look like i dont know what im talking about in ever single thread and its getting pathetic, i mean c'mon
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
axegrinder what the hell is wrong with you? your just bashing me trying to make me look like i dont know what im talking about in ever single thread and its getting pathetic, i mean c'mon

perhaps if you had the slightest idea of what you were talking about i wouldn't need to
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

i dont see you helping ne one, just bashing people
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Both, of you, stop being pricks. His questions already been answered. Settle your infantile dispute in the sandbox (PM).
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Quote by axe_grinder247
^courtesy of wikipedia

in english, the strongest natural harmonics are achieved by lightly touching your fretting finger above the fret bar on the 5th, 7th, and 12th frets (but are also found above the 3rd, 9th, 15th, 17th, 19th, 24th, etc...) and plucking the string while taking the finger off

artificial harmonics are achieved by "pinching" the string with your pick and flesh of your thumb (which is why they're referred to as pinch harmonics), preferrably above where the 24th or 36th frets would be

yeah, i'm not helping anyone, my bad
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!