Well, I'm looking to update my rig, which is currently pathetic, just a Blues Driver and a Phase switcher. Mainly, I'm looking at the following pedals:

Big Muff
Vox Wah
MXR 10 Ten EQ
Digitech Whammy

However, I'm open to suggestions. I like to play a broad range of music, blues, rock, classic heavy metal, and some jazz-ish stuff. I like to play SRV, RHCP, RATM, Black Sabbath, Hendrix, etc.

Don't really have a price range, I'll find a way to raise the money. Thanks.
#2 Member of Fender Whore Club
Rig:
MIK Fender Strat
Traynor 40WR
EH Big Muff
Boss Blues Driver 2
Boss Phase Switcher 3
Quote by Stop Messin'
OHHHHHHHHHH man LMAO now that's what i call getting pwned.

Nice work Fender, seriously.
Just suggestions or opinons that is...
Rig:
MIK Fender Strat
Traynor 40WR
EH Big Muff
Boss Blues Driver 2
Boss Phase Switcher 3
Quote by Stop Messin'

No guitar player should be without a nice wah, just make sure it has true bypass if your picky about noise (the reason i hate crybabies)

as for others

i say get a Electro Harmonix Small Clone Full Chorus pedal, it sounds real nice

EDIT: didnt see the Vox Wah
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Last edited by igotabcrich32 at Jul 19, 2006,
I'd rule out the EQ pedal. It's probably one of the last things you'll need. I'd say you should look at the Big Muff. That'll make the most difference on your sound. I'd say you won't need a Whammy pedal soon because you have a tremolo on your guitar as it is and you won't need it unless you're making those 2 1/2 octave divebombs. The Wah should come after the Big Muff, IMO. So here's the buying order:

Big Muff -> Wah -> Whammy -> EQ
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Quote by Ambulance X
I'd rule out the EQ pedal. It's probably one of the last things you'll need. I'd say you should look at the Big Muff. That'll make the most difference on your sound. I'd say you won't need a Whammy pedal soon because you have a tremolo on your guitar as it is and you won't need it unless you're making those 2 1/2 octave divebombs. The Wah should come after the Big Muff, IMO. So here's the buying order:

Big Muff -> Wah -> Whammy -> EQ

Yeah, thats what I think I'm gonna do. The only reason I want a whammy is for Rage stuff.

So now comes all the big muff choices. The Little Muff, the regular Big Muff, or the Russian one. I think I'll go with the regular one.

As for wah I'm set on the Vox VOX V847 and I'll check the the small clone too. Thanks guys.
Rig:
MIK Fender Strat
Traynor 40WR
EH Big Muff
Boss Blues Driver 2
Boss Phase Switcher 3
Quote by Stop Messin'

Quote by FenderWh0re

So now comes all the big muff choices. The Little Muff, the regular Big Muff, or the Russian one. I think I'll go with the regular one.

You should try one of the russian ones, as they genneraly have a creamier nicer tone, beware though, wprd is that the russian ones have pretty bad QC so make sure you try the exact pedal that you are buying first.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Seems like everyone here's copying my rig... Blues Driver, Big Muff, Small Clone, Vox Clyde McCoy...lol

FenderWh0re, definately get a Vox wah, especially if you're playing stuff like RHCP and Hendrix, try out the Clyde McCoy and the V847 and see which one you like best.

And for the Big Muffs, go to a shop and play them, they do sound slightly different.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
lol well i heard that it was pretty good compared to the other muffs, its like a 80's mesa kinda tone with a top boost. haven tried it so i can't comment on it.
Quote by Pieter-Jan
Never buy anything with metal in it's name, it's made to suck!

Except for the Boss Metal Zone MT-2. In my opinion it's better than the DS, and I hate metal.
i like the morley bad horsie 2 wah. it sounds cool, and has a stomp-less on-off thing. all you have to do to turn it on is rock it. and the digitech whammy is a totally awesome pedal. wish i had the money to afford one. check out searching by joe satriani in order to really hear one. it's the clip just under a minute in-can't miss it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!