Page 1 of 2
classic rock most likely, but I like them. Never really had them classified as prog or anything of the sort that would put it here.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
^On UG they belong in classic rock, but they are prog.
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
I know that, but obviously on UG...its UG.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Bleh, I'd more like to have them in here to be honest, as they are blatantly progressive rock of its purest form.

Rush owns.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by NevermorePsalm
I know that, but obviously on UG...its UG.

Ah, I misread your post then, nevermind.

^And yeah, I'd have them here too..
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
Rush's is a great band, i just picked up their new dvd and i gotta say, its damn good
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
just got "a farewell to kings" bloody hell thats a good album
John Frusciante
member #1 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chili Peppers UG fanclub PM samlynch to join
JIMI HENDRIX
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
John Petrucci
SRV
I know their later albums didn't receive much praise, but the stuff off "Hold Your Fire" is really good, even though it's synth heavy. "Stick It Out" off Counterparts is a pretty sweet song too with the Drop D tuning.
La Villa Strangiato is still my favorite song, especially live, Alex Lifeson can play pretty fast when he wants to
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

Alex Lifeson is never praised when Rush is mentioned. It's always Peart or Geddy. All three of them are very well skilled at what they do.
I love Rush. The section rules as to which bands belong in which section here at UG are seriously flawed though...
R.I.P. Shawn "Memphis Monster" Lane

Member #8 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
yep, rush are good, got the chronicles CD a while ago.

I love Chronicles. It features some nice studio footage on the DVD part.
Quote by waylay00
I love Rush. The section rules as to which bands belong in which section here at UG are seriously flawed though...

I don't know why some are labeling them classic rock when they're really considered art rock which is a subgenre of progressive rock.
It's because of Asomodai... He didn't feel there was much interest in here so he told people to put it in CR... I disagree.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
It's because of Asomodai... He didn't feel there was much interest in here so he told people to put it in CR... I disagree.

Ditto.
Quote by Resiliance

so your the mod now, change it
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. We shred-forumers should be like a rebel state amongst members of the UG community.
R.I.P. Shawn "Memphis Monster" Lane

Member #8 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Like them, but only know a few songs.

Question: There was a Rush 30th Anniversaty (sp?) concert on INHD. Washers and dryers were on the stage...??? What was the meaning behind those, or was it just used as a silly stage prop? Haha.
Quote by SGRocker0791

Question: There was a Rush 30th Anniversaty (sp?) concert on INHD. Washers and dryers were on the stage...??? What was the meaning behind those, or was it just used as a silly stage prop? Haha.

I'm not sure either.
Quote by SGRocker0791

Geddy has them on stage as a prop, but they are also full of shirts which he usually tosses into the crowd at the end of the show...the amazing, mind blowing show.

I was fortunate enough to attend a show on their 30th anniversary tour in Chicago, and they were ****ing smoking. Alex Lifeson is an excellent guitarist, and he proved just that to everyone in attendance that night.
i thought that Rush In Rio was there best show, it was just mind blowing, Alex Lifeson is.....wow, although the best solo i'v heard him do is on there new dvd, where they do La Villa Strangiato, you havent seen him play fast until you'v seen that one solo
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Rush owns. I love them. 2112 is a masterpiece. The whole album that is. All the other songs are severely looked over in comparison to the title-track.
YYZ is a cover I've been contemplating on doing.
Quote by Yespleasevicar

i did a cover of YYZ a while ago, it got some good reviews, you should definatly do it, its a kickass song
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

wow

nobody has said anything negative about them yet...im shocked

but rush is awesome
Quote by SGRocker0791

He has amps built in.
I kid you not.
And he's got a vending machine, too.

My brother has every CD/DVD of Rush that's come out.
I absolutely love Rush.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
Who doesn't?
Bill and Ted Fan Club Member #3. PM ollerom_mot or me to join.

"Let the Spirit guide your fingers."
Signals is their best work---awesome synth/guitar combinations--IMO, listen to the song Subdivisions and realise just how forward thinking Rush are/were. Absolutely awesome band--my dad loves them, my elder brother loves them and I love them= its the only thing we have in common.
Thank God im an atheist
Quote by wil
Signals is their best work---awesome synth/guitar combinations--IMO, listen to the song Subdivisions and realise just how forward thinking Rush are/were. Absolutely awesome band--my dad loves them, my elder brother loves them and I love them= its the only thing we have in common.

"Subdivisions" is one of my favorites. I'm currently listening to their more recent material and I love "Test For Echo".
They are awsome. Vocals turned me off at first, but I got to like them after a while.
Read my post. Not this.
Quote by splice
wow

nobody has said anything negative about them yet...im shocked

but rush is awesome

negative.....ok

alex lifeson doesnt solo enough
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Waterboy799
negative.....ok

alex lifeson doesnt solo enough

Haha. Hey, he said he got tired of doing it, at least on Vapor Trails he did. But still some sick guitar work on that album.
Quote by mingles
They are awsome. Vocals turned me off at first, but I got to like them after a while.

Yeah, the people who do hate Rush despise the vocals for some reason. Hey, not everyone can have a baritone melancholic voice.
Hey trust me at the time, Nobody discussed rush at all here, So i put it in classic rock, Same as early genesis and King Crimson. Its never discussed here.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Hey, I was there, I saw your AOTM, I replied

And well ofcourse it's never going to be discussed if you don't give it half a decent chance... Back then there were like, what, 10 people in this forum anyway? I think it's getting a decent amount of replies now, however...

Click.
Page 1 of 2