really, Kings of Convenience don't deserve to be in an indie section, but where else do they fit? who else loves the hell out of them? i am so annoyed i wasn't in holland for that huge music festival where they played with turin brakes! damnit! they are such a great duo, and that female singer on riot on an empty street is such an asset, does anyone else love this band?
yes I do love them. that feamle singer is Feist, not surprisingly, the songs she's in on Riot on an Empty Street are the best! I love Quiet is the new loud 10000x more than Riot on an Empty street.

KoC <3
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
I really enjoy Kings of Convenience. I always feel like listening to them while it's raining for some reason. Very relaxing.
They had a wicked cover of FreeFalling on Zane Lowe yesterday, mate of mine speeched it to me over MSN and then I spent the next 2 hours trying to find it anywhere online. I failed
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Use yahoo
And what I tend to do is put stuff in quotation marks, like to find that cover just type...

"free fallin" "Kings of convenience" mp3

...and it's the first result.

(not a bad cover, although I prefer the version of 'glory box' it has to be said)

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
^ Is that where the 'Daydream...' sample is from? I knew it used samples from something but never knew what.

RateYourMusic
it's a band of whom i keep meaning to check some of their stuff out. but i always forget. i've heard nothing but good stuff about them though.

buttt me having no money atm this'll go on my amazon wishlist for my coming-up birthday \m/
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Andrew - got Portishead's glory box on at the mo, and it has the bass to Daydream, but not that riff - just to keep it confusing

Alice - you said "butt"
Yeah, I had to shove them both on after you said that as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daydream_(song)

Actually really interesting, it appears they both did intentionally use the part from the track - and the Beta Band...

RateYourMusic
Quote by andrewbiles
Yeah, I had to shove them both on after you said that as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daydream_(song)

Actually really interesting, it appears they both did intentionally use the part from the track - and the Beta Band...

Crikey, never knew that! Abou the beta band, and also Sour Times... (goes to listen)

Also I fixed your html so the link works now
terry is lame
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Quote by tezhall
Crikey, never knew that! Abou the beta band, and also Sour Times... (goes to listen)

Also I fixed your html so the link works now

I cut and paste, stupid brackets...
Makes you wonder if they all did it on purpose or just copied each other.

RateYourMusic
Good band. I like how they let electronic artists do remixes for them, that's kind of sweet given the sharp contrast in styles. Check out Four Tet's remix of The Weight Of My Words. It's good.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
They play very well together, and I admire how they - so skillfully - combine their voices to create those gentle harmonies. I saw them this summer. The atmosphere couldn't have been better, despite Erlends poor condition that week.
They're quite skillfull guitarists too, actually.
That aside, I'd wish them to be a bit more diverse, as listening to a whole album of theirs might get a little ... boring, to be honest.
But that, however, is only my humble opinion.

I'd recommend anyone who's got the chance to go see them, preferably on the smaller stage.
"Music is how feelings sound like"