what is the difference between these two? other than the fact that one goes thru the body and one doesnt, ex. sound quality, playability, ex...

im just curious, ty

stay away pullmeunder

thanx guys

remove your signature and i will reveal the secrets of the magic bridges
well string throughs usually have tremolos attacthed and i find that PMing is harder. in the non-throughs i find it easier to play its all about preferance
OMG you admitted to liking korn and soad, you better delete that before some of the metal heads come in riding there new ego fueled cars to bitch you out .

#7 Member of "The Mars Volta Fan Club"
Quote by Reesh
remove your signature and i will reveal the secrets of the magic bridges

wtf you flamer!

so is the only difference tremalo and non tremalo (excuse my spelling)
yea two less quotes would be helpful.

But string thru body has more contact with the body and provides better sustain. The tailpiece of a tom bridge floats over the body, however if the strings are wrapped over the tailpiece and the piece is rested on the body, then you could get more sustain.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
String thru giving more sustain is just a myth, it doesnt make much difference apart from what way the strings enter the guitar.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
I've noticed that string thrus don't improve the sustain a ton. Just by a bit.

I mean look at a les paul. They aren't string thru and they sustain like the s***.
Quote by Ihearthetfield
I've noticed that string thrus don't improve the sustain a ton. Just by a bit.

I mean look at a les paul. They aren't string thru and they sustain like the s***.

if you changed a guitar from a stop bar to string thru alot of people wouldnt even notice a slight difference.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
all i know is my string thru guitars have greater sustain compared to the ones that arent.

maybe its because of the neck joints, or the action or guitar headstock mass.

but i think its the string to wood contact in the string thru.
what do i know.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by ScottishAngus
if you changed a guitar from a stop bar to string thru alot of people wouldnt even notice a slight difference.

a lot, but some will notice a difference.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?